Able Surveyors Limited is a professional residential surveying company which have been offering surveying services since 2014 when it was incorporated by Dean Davidson our Managing Director.
Over the last year, the company has expanded dramatically throughout the UK following some new exciting IT developments. Our portfolio and services now include:
Home Buyers Survey Property Valuations
Building Surveys Condition Survey
Drone Survey Asbestos Survey
Damp Reports Dilapidation Surveys
Lease Extension Surveys Schedule of Condition
Stock Condition Surveys Ongoing monitoring of property
Legionella Testing Asbestos Survey
Decibel and Thermal Survey
Whilst you may be already conducting many of the above services, some of these services/products will be less familiar to you. As a company Able Surveyors will support all our surveyors with extra training for those who wish to extend their qualifications with free in-house training and also offer an opportunity to gain extra formal qualifications which could be at some extra cost.
With the expansion of the company, Able Surveyors find themselves in a position to offer a zero pounds franchised agreement to MRICS and FRICS residential surveyors which we believe will benefit both the company and the surveyor.
It is probably prudent at this point to explain that the offer is for a franchise and not a salaried job, although we do organise our company much like a family, supporting each other and taking a lot of the mundane tasks away from the surveyor. We organise team meetings, fun days and CPD training amongst many other benefits. Dependant on your accountant’s advice, a franchise can be organised on a self-employed basis or set up as a limited company. This means that you will need to provide your own surveying equipment, telephone, vehicle and have some professional products in place such as professional Indemnity Insurance etc. These items are mostly tax deductible items which you can claim as part of your business expenses. You will also be responsible for maintaining your RICS qualifications and CPD.
Now to the nuts and bolts! Able Surveyors will source through our extensive marketing and sales process, clients who require the above mentioned services and in many cases multiple services for the same property. We will provide the client with a quote and invoice, as well as ensuring we receive the fees before allocating a survey or service to a surveyor. We will allocate a diary slot to each surveyor in our customer management system which you will be able to access online.
Able Surveyors have invested in a new state of the art ‘App’ which has been designed to make a survey as efficient as possible. This means that when you have completed a survey, the data will automatically be uploaded to our system for secure storing. The accuracy of the survey will remain your responsibility, as will any queries the client raises. We will also ensure you receive all the training required, along with any ongoing support on the use of our systems.
As a franchised surveyor with Able Surveyors, you will be provided with all the necessary logos and be able to use our survey templates. We will also provide all other stationery required to complete your service. As well as all of this, you will have the support of our very experienced back office staff.
You may at this point be thinking what’s the catch? Basically there isn’t one. This is a genuine offer to get involved for free - so will not cost you any money.
How does it work?
The fees received from a client will be split between the Company (40%) and yourself, the surveyor, (60%). You will be sent a statement showing all the payable fees which have been agreed. Fees will be paid once a month via bacs.
An example of potential income for a very basic survey, costing approximately £500 with a minimum frequency amount of two surveys per day, an annual turnover for a potential franchisee could be calculated as:
2 surveys per day = £1000
Able Surveyors receive £400
Surveyor receives £600
Presuming a 5 day working week
Surveyor - £600 x 5 days = £3000
Presuming a 4 week month
Surveyor – 4 x £3000 = £12,000
Presuming 6 weeks holiday per annum (30 days)
46 working weeks x £3000 = £138,000
Obviously this is a very rough calculation to show you the potential of the earnings and is subject to the normal Government taxes & business expenses etc.
What Able Surveyors expect from a franchisee
As you will imagine we do have a franchise agreement which covers many of the aspects in how we expect a franchised surveyor to conduct themselves as they will be representing the organisation these include,
- We would expect all surveyors to be professional and prompt when dealing with clients and /or third parties.
- All RICS guidelines should always be followed.
- Surveys and service reports should be produced within the guidelines and in the manner stated by Able Surveyors.
- It is the responsibility of the franchisee to maintain all qualifications and follow a CPD program.
- All equipment/tools used in producing a survey is to be supplied as well as be kept maintained by and at the cost of the franchisee this will include motor vehicles, telephone & IT equipment.
- Some insurances will be required and should be provided by the franchisee e.g. Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- At least 1 years’ experience completing residential surveys is required before joining Able Surveyors.
- Queries and complaints will be recorded by Able Surveyors but remain the responsibility of the franchisee.
What a Franchisee can expect from Able Surveyors
We understand that there will be a level of support and service required by a franchisee to ensure the quality as well as an efficient service, Able Surveyors will provide as much as possible technical knowledge and support in all areas. Other things to expect from your franchise,
- Whilst we will not and cannot guarantee levels of work, it is our interest to provide any franchisee with as much as possible. We have a good online presence through our website and other advertising mediums so we are confident we can provide you with the levels of work you are comfortable with.
- To help make surveying as efficient as possible we have developed our own surveying App which not only allows you to be able to electronically complete the survey but downloads this into a RICS format meaning there is less work to do once you have left the site.
- If you have no knowledge of a particular service or survey Able Surveyors are able to arrange training for you or provide in house training. **Please note that some training may be at a cost depending on the type of training required** e.g. PfCO training (drone pilot) and qualification for flying drones.
- Able Surveyors will provide all marketing and sales backup from our very experienced Customer Services staff. Once a sale has been made our Customer Services staff will liaise with you and create a diary entry for a survey to be completed as well as confirming the appointment with the client.
- Once a month we will send you a list of services provided by yourself along with the fees you are to receive. Once you have agreed this we will transfer by bacs all monies on a set date.
- Our senior team will help guide you through any new challenges you want to take on and pass on their many years of experience.
The Next Step
If this opportunity is of interest, please email us with your CV and a description of experience to Anthony@ablesurveyors.co.uk with the reference “Franchise Opportunity” we will contact you and arrange a meeting either via Zoom or in person depending on your requirements.
Thank you for taking time to read our Franchise Opportunity and we hope you would like to join our dynamic team taking your residential surveying career into a new direction.