Chartered Building Surveyor – South of England
Job Title: Chartered Building Surveyor.
Location: London office or home based – South of Birmingham/East of Bristol.
Salary range: £45,000 - £60,000 pa.
Bonus: High bonus potential – up to 20% of basic salary.
On Target Earnings: £55,000 - £70,000 pa.
Reporting to: Regional Director.
Start date: Immediate.
Essential Candidate Attributes:
Salary and Package:
- Salary £45,000 - £60,000 + Bonus. OTE £55,000 - £70,000.
- Profit related bonus scheme up to 20% of basic.
- Car allowance.
- Pension contributions.
- Annual leave yearly increases.
- Mobile phone, laptop and equipment provided.
- Flexible working.
- Supportive team environment.
Building Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Liaise with loss adjusters, assessors, and clients to confirm the nature and extent of the works.
- Provide initial advice to secure instructions.
- Attend meetings with loss adjusters, assessors, and clients.
- Keep loss adjusters and assessors up to date with progress.
- Inspect property and draft schedules of works, specifications, and reports.
- Agree specification and schedule of works with the loss adjuster and client.
- Tender work and produce a detailed tender report.
- Contract administration.
- Report weekly/monthly progress to all involved parties.
- Build relationships with loss adjusters and assessors.
- Carry out feasibility studies.
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair.
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings.
- Take full responsibility for work.
- RICS Registered Building Surveyor.
- Full UK Driving License and ability to travel frequently within the UK when required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with 2 years post qualification.
- Non-Chartered Surveyors with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the insurance market will also be considered.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong technically.
- A logical and practical mind.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to build lasting professional relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Good negotiation, presentation and report writing skills.
- Ability to analyse problems and identify solutions.
- Commercially aware.
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility with enthusiasm and motivation.
- Good IT skills, including computer-aided design.
Bedfords Chartered Surveyors
Bedfords Chartered Building Surveyors have been providing a full range of quality surveying services and advice for residential and commercial clients for over 40 years. We specialize in insurance reinstatement, dealing with the refurbishment or re-building of properties severely damaged by fire, flood, impact, escape of water etc. The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete project from initial safety, strip out or demolition through to specification, tender, project management to completion and handover.
To apply press the "Apply Now" button at the top and bottom of the page