Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Project Quantity Surveyor to join a dynamic Public Sector organisation to support with the self-delivery of a large mixed-use development in Hampshire
The organisation are looking to set the standard for community led development and are now embarking on an exciting and ambitious long-term landmark development programme. After acquiring a large development site, the organisation's plans for the project are well underway, with a multi-phase scheme consisting of over 2500+ homes, schools and community facilities currently going through different design, planning and construction stages.
Your new role
As a Project Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for managing the construction cost management services for various projects within the ongoing development programme. Working closely with, and reporting to, the Managing QS and Commercial Manager, you will provide an effective budget and contract management service. This will include responsibility for the procurement process, from initial pre-contract phases, through to completion and handover.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Manage the project delivery of a number of construction projects within the development programme.
- Undertake the selection and procurement of contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Participate in the production of construction budgets for elements of project delivery.
- Preparation of contracts and documentation for contractors and consultants.
- Financial management of specific projects including variations, agreeing final accounts, monthly valuations and monitoring and updating cash flows.
- Provide progress reports and attend regular project meetings.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need;
- 5 years+ experience of working within a similar role, ideally from a Developer, House Builder or Consultancy environment
- Ideally have experience of Residential or Mixed-Use Development
- Strong experience in managing the financial aspects of construction packages.
- Experience of appointing third party consultants and contractor teams
- Working knowledge of JCT form contracts
- Hold a degree with a relevant construction specialism i.e Quantity Surveying
- MRICS / MCIOB desirable
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this. or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.