Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Maintenance Surveyor to join the Asset Maintenance team of a well-respected Housing Association based in Hampshire.
This Housing Association hold a significant portfolio for housing stock across the UK, with a large volume of this located within the South of England. Their Asset Maintenance department are responsible for maintaining the properties within the portfolio, by undertaking a range of construction related projects such as; planned works, improvements and responsive repairs.
Due to a pipeline of increased workloads, the department is looking to appoint an experienced Maintenance Surveyor to join its team on a 12 month fixed-term contract basis.
Your new role
As a Maintenance Surveyor, you will work collaboratively with contractors and a wider team to deliver large planned and cyclical maintenance projects, whilst monitoring budgets and supervising work in progress.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Managing and supervising a programme of planned and cyclical maintenance projects.
- Identify, diagnose and specify works
- Co-ordinate and manage third party contractor delivery teams
- Monitor and manage contracts, budgets and H&S compliance
- Produce reports in relation to project performance and progress
- Attend site and internal team meetings to review progress and project timelines
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need;
- Experience of delivering planned and cyclical maintenance projects, ideally from with a Housing environment with building surveying services.
- Strong knowledge of construction processes, building regulations and H&S compliance.
- Experience in managing contractors and the ability to diagnose and specify remedies to building defects.
- Excellent levels of customer care and service.
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.