We are seeking a Project Manager with experience in construction or buildings to assist with the delivery of a programme of small projects for our Office Estates team. In this exciting opportunity you will be responsible for ensuring that all works are delivered on time, within budget and to a high standard. If you're looking for a role where you can develop and progress in estate and project management this is the ideal role for you.
What you’ll be doing:
Working in a small dynamic team with a mixed office estate property portfolio of nine leased and owned properties across England that are a mix of modern and historic design including both listed and Scheduled Ancient Monuments. You’re be part of a team that covers strategic management of the office estate including lease management as a tenant and as a landlord as well as all the major property repairs; refit or carry out new fit outs of the office estate. You’ll work in close conjunction with colleagues in Historic England’s Facilities Management department and other internal and external specialists, in property conservation and statutory compliance.
You’ll be responsible with supporting the effective, compliant and timely delivery of Office Estate Works Projects in accordance with PRINCE 2, Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, best practice project management principles and complying with all Health & Safety, Environmental standards and policies.
Your role will involve the management of professional design teams, production of briefs, project documentation, budgets, reporting, and performance. You’ll be responsible for completing specification for works and work with internal and external conservation teams to establish planning, LBC and SAM requirements for works at our offices.
You will be required to travel to other Historic England offices and sites.
Who we’re looking for:
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner or equivalent. Please note Support and training will be provided for the right candidate who is working towards achieving this level of qualification.
- Experience of project management in construction or buildings.
- Proven experience of contract negotiation and budget management
- Experience of preparing specifications for repair work and or building surveying
- Pro-active and pragmatic approach to problem solving and decision making
- Seeks continuous improvement and demonstrates willingness to accept and promote change
- Great teammate who can also work well on their own initiative
- If you are working towards or recently RICS qualified with related experience this could be the next step in your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you. Having just won the Gold Award from MIND, we also recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We offer a wide benefits package including a competitive pension scheme, a generous 28 days holiday, corporate discounts, free entry into English Heritage sites across the county and development opportunities to ensure you achieve your goals.