A great opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor has arisen to join my client, an established name within the industry. Working out of their plush, open-plan offices based in South London and earning up to £65,000 P/A plus great benefits, this role would be suitable for a Chartered Building Surveyor lideally with 5 to 7 years of experience looking to advance their career working on prime residential developments.
With an impressively fantastic culture, my client works hard to offer their employees more than just a job - with 5 well-being focused days, healthy treats, barbecue nights, events, as well as a phenomenal amount of support for those staff members who want to get involved in charity work.
As a Chartered Building Surveyor, the responsibilities will be as follows:
- Assist Project Team Leader with Client liaison to include presentation of schemes, project programming and other matters affecting delivery of service.
- Act as the Contract Administrator or Employer's Agent on a wide range of building types, utilising all standard forms of construction and assuming full responsibility
- Visit site and carry out and issue inspections reports.
- Prepare and present initial appraisal and feasibility reports.
- Carry out measured surveys of existing buildings or sites.
- Prepare and present outline design proposals, including preparation of budget estimate costs.
- Prepare and present for approval of complete scheme designs.
- Prepare full working drawings sufficient for the construction of the project.
- Submit applications for statutory approvals, including Planning, Listed Building Consent and
- Building Control Approval.
- Prepare specifications and schedules of work and/or provide information for the preparation of bills of quantities.
- Invite tenders for the main contract, carry out tender analysis and prepare tender reports.
The successful Building Surveyor must have:
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification (BSc (Hons) degree or similar in Building Surveying) experience and/or breadth of knowledge and competence commensurate with this position.
- Full membership of RICS or equivalent recognised qualification.
- Benefits that will be enjoyed by the Chartered Building Surveyor will include:
- 26 days holiday plus your birthday
- Bi-annual pay reviews
- 3% contributory pension
- Car allowance
If you meet our clients requirements and are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV or call 0203 680 0640 now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.