Due to increasing business demand my client is looking for an experienced Surveyor / Employer's Agent to join their expanding team of Employer's Agents, where your contribution will be highly valued.
You will have the opportunity to be involved with an exciting range of new build housing and mixed use regeneration projects, with values in the range of £2- £30m, within London and the surrounding home-counties working with prestigious clients.
You will form part of a team delivering professional services to clients using your skills to effectively perform as an Employer's Agent, managing build projects from inception to completion.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team;
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender;
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages;
- Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated);
- The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer's Requirements are fulfilled;
- Preparing contract engrossments;
- Acting as Employer's Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s) which will require:
- An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector;
- Chairing meetings, taking minutes and following up action plans;
- Undertaking all day to day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, D&B or similar Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements;
- An ability to record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of Contracts;
- An ability to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues, where necessary, in order to manage and mitigate such risks.
Person Specification - Essential Criteria (qualifications, experience, skills, qualities)
- University degree in either Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or a similar construction related subject;
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience as an Employer's Agent combined with Quantity/Building surveying background;
- RICS qualified, or working towards APC/RICS qualification;
- Experience in residential development;
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients and wider team in a professional manner;
- Able to work within a team;
- Diligent with attention to detail;
- Able to think ahead and problem solve;
- An ability to form and develop client relationships and to seek to develop new business opportunities;
- A desire to coach junior colleagues by working collaboratively for the successful delivery of projects.
- Experience in non-residential development (including education and hospitality sectors)
- Experience in preparation of Value for Money Reports and Order of Cost Estimates
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- The post holder will need a CSCS card
If you meet our client's requirements, and are interested in applying for this Senior Employer's Agent position, please do not hesitate to apply by using the button below or calling Aleks Balachovic on 0203 680 0640
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.