Quantity Surveyor? PQS/Consultancy background? Ambitious? Team player?
If the above is tick, tick, tick for you then you must read on!
A fantastic opportunity has come about for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with 3+ years experience to work for a dynamic consultancy. When choosing this firm you are opening the door to an exciting career with a fantastic, multi-strand company working alongside an accomplished team of Quantity Surveyors. This firm is passionate about creating a diverse workforce with employees from a variety of background. This collective talent provides a competitive advantage giving them a leading edge in this competitive London market.
From their multiple UK offices they have worked on projects across Europe, The Middle East, Africa, North America, South America, Australia and Asia.
Applying here today will give you the potential opportunity to work for a modern firm with an agile approach of working. You will have the potential opportunity to take the next step in your career and get the full support with what you may need; APC training, post APC training, NEC/JCT training, Business Development exposure, management of junior Quantity Surveyors- the options are limitless within this firm!
- Great central London location for people living in London.
- Amazing, diverse team of accomplished professionals to learn from and Junior QS' who would love to learn from your experience
- Great variety in work - not sectorised!
- Market leading salaries and benefits programme
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events and final accounts.
- Preparation and management of claims including extensions of time.
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required
- Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Management of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation
- Engagement and management of subcontractors and subconsultants.
- Administration of subcontractor/subconsultant accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change
- Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation
- Ensure the correct project records are maintained to substantiate claims and change notifications.
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required
- Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained
- Degree qualified Quantity Surveyor
- Chartered professional, ideally or working towards chartership with the RICS
- Pre and post contract experience
- Experience working for other reputable construction firms in the UK
- Exposure to a variety buildings projects
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.