DIO - Senior Project Manager
Salary: £40,000 + substantial pension and benefits
Location: RAF Wyton PE28 2EA
A Senior Project Manager is required as part of the Estates Optimisation programme to manage the end-to-end delivery of their allocated projects. The successful applicant will be capable of managing a project team to develop a working environment and ways of working that achieve a High Performing Team ethos. They will have the ability to direct resources as necessary to ensure their projects are delivered on time; within budget and to pre-defined quality.
If you have strong engagement and communication skills and the ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of our team supporting the development of an interesting and varied programme.
Working right at the heart of Defence, the Defence Estate Optimisation (DEO) Portfolio is a unique initiative tasked with reducing the size of the MOD’s built estate whilst delivering more modern infrastructure to meet future military requirements. It was mobilised in 2016 as one of Defence’s top three priorities and plays a major part in wider Government projects.
It’s a fast-paced environment that both support the future Defence capabilities of the country and will influence infrastructure development for years to come. We will invest £4bn over the next ten years in core Defence sites on a range of facilities for Service Personnel and their families releasing many other sites for disposal.
- Manage the team to deliver project outputs, coordinating internal and external resources to achieve the delivery plan for the delegated project.
- Provide the Intelligent Client interface in the management of industry partners, selected through procurement mechanisms, to deliver a range of infrastructure projects on behalf of DIO in line with MOD processes, procedures and contractual terms and conditions.
- Direct effective supplier management, stakeholder and end user engagement in the delivery of the project or sub-project to assure that output delivered meets the defined requirement within funding and time parameters and in pursuit of Value for Money.
- Act as delivery manager and provide proactive Contract Management, maintaining a productive working relationship with industry partners and suppliers whilst monitoring their performance to quality, time, cost and reliability. Driving optimal delivery and managing emerging issues promptly to avoid delays or cost escalation.
- Managing financial performance of projects and controlling expenditure against approved project budgets; providing accurate financial reporting and forecasting and ensuring that costs within the approvals process are robust and that Contracts are managed to deliver value for money for Defence.
- Support the development of Business Cases and the internal and external scrutiny process.
- Undertaking project assurance reviews across the portfolio at key stages to evaluate progress, compliance and delivery certainty to provide confidence to customers and key stakeholders supporting customers to manage and maintain project approvals.
- There will be a requirement for travel to support the DIO project programme and dependant on the location of the post there may be a requirement to work regularly from alternative locations.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Association of Project Management (APMP)
- PRINCE 2
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexi-time scheme
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.
The post advertised is for 37 hours net, however the Ministry of Defence offers a range of flexibilities to enable a better work-life balance for employees. Flexible working, Part-time working and Job Share working patterns will be considered.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants:
Name: Rotimi Akinsiku
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 20th September 2020