DIO – Senior Estates Facilities Manager (SEFM) C1
Salary: £40,000 + substantial pension and benefits
Location: DIO Forthview House, Rosyth & DM Beith
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic individual. The Senior Estates Facilities Manager (SEFM) is a key customer focused role within the DIO Scotland & Northern Ireland (SN&I) defined delivery region.
The successful candidate will fulfil a role that is, high profile, challenging, and provides a valuable opportunity for the post holder to enhance their skills in leading a team that oversees contractor delivered facilities management service. The role will also provide the successful applicant with a significant sense of achievement in delivering a wide range of services to the sites overseen and managed by their team, through working collaboratively with DIO colleagues, the Industry Partner (IP) and our customers.
The DIO SEFM is responsible for Hard & Soft FM delivery within their delegated Service Delivery Area (SDA). The SEFM is responsible for stakeholder engagement, performance management, assurance, programme management and issue resolution across their SDA, reporting directly to the Regional Delivery Area Manager.
The SEFM is supported by the Estates Facilities Managers (EFM’s). The SEFM carriers delegated responsibilities for H&S, as well as technical, financial and commercial delegations for individual Additional Works Services (AWS), in accordance with the Hard & Soft FM contract deliverables.
SEFM’s have a duty to ensure that infrastructure related risks and issues are raised to Heads of Establishments (HoE’s). The SEFM will pro-actively engage with HoE’s as the DIO representative on all infrastructure and service delivery matters. DIO, IP and customer engagement culminates in the monthly Site Infrastructure Management Meeting (SIMM), jointly chaired between the HoE and SEFM.
- Lead and manage your delegated team adhering to line management responsibilities. Promote best practice among your team and pro-actively encourage development opportunities where presented.
- Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders inclusive of customers, the Industry Partner (IP) and Top-Level Budget Holder (TLB) infrastructure representatives. Develop and maintain excellent working relationships whilst encouraging an ethos of collaboration and team work.
- Manage the programme of contractual meetings whilst also co-chairing the monthly Site Infrastructure Management Meeting (SIMM) with the Heads of Establishments (HoE’s).
- Act as DIO point of contact for delegated Additional Works Services (AWS) and all other projects within your Service Delivery Area (SDA), ensuring deliverables are met in accordance with agreed milestones.
- Oversee assurance activities in accordance with the agreed contract deliverables ensuring the estate remains safe and legally compliant.
- Responsible for delegated programme delivery within your SDA, inclusive of Safe & Legal and the Command Infrastructure Development Plan (CIDP).
- Act as DIO focal point for customer enquires / issues within your SDA, ensuring resolutions are sought and where required issues escalated through the appropriate change of command.
- Apply delegated financial authority to the Infrastructure Management System (IMS) process, ensuring works are authorised in accordance with business rules and agreed delegations. Provide regular reports and forecasts to the Area Manager on delegated programmes.
- Identify relevant development opportunities and participate fully in the sharing of knowledge and best practice with others. Develop the skills and knowledge necessary in-order to fully implement new processes and procedures where beneficial to the business.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Successful candidate will be required to travel to remote sites within their SDA.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- IWFM Level 4 Qualification
- Previous experience within a Facilities Management role
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexi-time scheme
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.
The post advertised is for 37 hours net.
The SEFM post is key to DIO delivering our outputs. It is customer facing and the reactive nature of the work requires solid working relationships and trust between the Head of Establishment (HoE), Industry Partner (IP) and Customer Infra Team to be built and maintained. The SEFM needs to undertake a large percentage of his weekly activities on sites within their SDA, co-location with the IP is key to collaboration and successful service delivery. FM activities are in the main undertaken on sites during week days and between the hours of 9:00 to 5:00, therefore the SEFM needs to available during these periods. However, we do offer some flexibility within the DIO flexible working hours scheme.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants:
Name: Derek Arnott
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 20th September 2020