Senior Chartered Quantity Surveyor - Central London - Multi-disciplinary consultancy
Your new company
I am looking for a talented Senior Quantity Surveyor to join and manage the Cost Management team, where you will be working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy office with over 60 staff in a vibrant part of central London (SE1).
The projects are very diverse including large healthcare, retail and commercial schemes with contract values up to £200 million to smaller schemes and working in interesting sectors including; healthcare, local authority, prestige government sites, etc.
Your new role
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals
- Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
- Advise architects and engineers on the cost implications of different construction methods, alternative choices of materials and size and quality of the project to ensure that each element is reconciled with the cost plan allowance and the overall project remains within budget
- Prepare tendering documents
- Contract administrate / project manage on a number projects
- Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
- Lead from the front as regards to client facing meetings, dealing with multi-disciplined teams
and project delivery
What you'll need to succeed
Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent)
What you'll get in return
* 25 days holiday and study leave
* Company car allowance
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Pension: Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.