Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking to work in a top, leading firm? Interested in working on a variety of the biggest infrastructure and Rail projects in the UK? Then this could be the role for you! This is an amazing opportunity that is not to be missed!!
A top, vibrant consultancy are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their well established team in London. In a time where they are particularly busy winning massive contracts in the construction world, this is an amazing time to join and really develop within your career.
An amazing team, great company culture with an emphasis on employee well being and lifestyle, this could be the perfect fit for you!
Benefits for the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Amazing structure and approach to training and progression
- Very competitive salary
- Fantastic location in central London
Requirements of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Degree Educated: Construction or Economics related degrees, e.g.: Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Economics.
- Experience in Commercial roles and functions
- Experience in cost planning and estimating / assurance for large capital programmes. Preferably with our key UK client base in Infrastructure such as Transport for London, Network Rail, Highways England, Crossrail, High Speed 2.
- Has excellent numerical analysis and mathematical capabilities
- Has experience in reporting succinctly and comprehensively to all stakeholder's levels.
- Can demonstrate a high attention to detail whilst working effectively with large volumes of data
- Experienced in validating data quality, identifying trends and optimising data flows/processes
- Good working knowledge of Estimating systems (at least one: PRISM-CostOS, CostX, CCS)
- Experienced in creating dashboards, visual tools / outputs for data analysis exercises.
- Advanced MS Excel user (VBA and Power BI working knowledge desirable)
Responsibilities of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Lead the production and review of cost estimates to inform budgets for Infrastructure projects.
- Lead the preparation of cost analysis and benchmarking reports to support value for money. Identifying trends, defining and cost drivers
- Lead the development of tools to enable the integration of data and dashboards/outputs to represent unit cost analyses
- Prepare cost estimates using a range of different techniques from first principles to reference class forecasting.
- Analyse project scope information - liaison with project development and delivery teams required to ensure project requirements are accurately captured.
- Quantify the works in line with relevant methods of measurement.
- Price measured items according to the most relevant and appropriate technique.
- Fully identify all relevant budget costs (construction, employer, risk and uncertainty).
- Undertake reviews, checks and assurance of existing estimate to ensure compliance with adequate standards and guidance.
- Develop market testing exercises to inform prices of specific products and industry "typical" benchmarks.
- Benchmarking and cost modelling
- Update, validate and develop cost models and cost modelling techniques to enable the cost analysis of historical, recent and new projects.
- Develop continuous methodologies to monitor and boost progress of data capture and data quality
- Provide strategic thinking in support of continuous development
- Provide ownership of contents with challenge and interpretation
Interested?? Call Niamh Finnegan today on 02036800640
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.