We are currently looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor to fill a permanent opening with an independent Commercial Building Surveyor client of ours in Leeds. Interested candidates must have a range of suopportunity for career progression. Responsibilities of the Chartered Building Surveyor:
- Advising clients about building/property issues, which can include technical, financial, legal, environmental/sustainability, building regulation and restoration matters
- Undertaking building surveys.
- Monitoring the deterioration or defects of a property and offering advice on repair work.
- Negotiating the repair of work or a financial settlement if required.
- Managing projects and/or multidisciplinary teams
- To diligently handle all instructions and to maintain comprehensive records for all work undertaken
- Dilapidation Liability Assessment Reports
- Schedules of Condition
- Party Wall Duties
Requirements of the Chartered Building Surveyor:
On offer for the Chartered Building Surveyor:
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- At least 3 years' postgraduate experience with provable technical delivery experience
- Significant exposure to, and good working relations with, private sector clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The starting salary for this position ranges from £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience.Company benefits package includes 5% pension, 25 days annual leave plus public holidays healthcare, professional subscriptions, and an annual bonus.What happens next?
On receipt of your application our dedicated Surveying and Project Management recruiter, Rees Allan, will contact you to discuss this opportunity in full detail. Rees will disclose the name of our client to you prior to sending your CV to this, or any other company we are working with.