£33,000 + Market Skills Allowance (MRICS/FRICS qualified - £4,000.00 OR Registered Valuer qualified - £5,000) + substantial pension and benefits
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
DIO is passionate about ensuring that we are a top performing organisation and a great place to work. We host a diverse range of talent where everyone feels valued and supported enabling our people to flourish, bring greater creativity and innovation to achieve higher organisational performance. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work and individuality is truly appreciated.
We promote and support a range of flexible working patterns enabling staff to balance home and work responsibilities.
To help achieve our objective of equipping Defence with a smaller, more efficient and better quality estate we are seeking motivated and suitably qualified Valuation Surveyor to join established teams within our Estates network. Customer focused and experienced Valuation professional; Working to the Senior Valuer you will deliver challenging and varied programmes, services and subject matter expert advice across all customers.
The Valuer role is to:
• Be responsible for delivery of agreed LMS Valuation outputs and programme,
• Provide a consultancy services and advice to customers and stakeholders, and
• Will be accountable for ensuring the adhere and confirm with all agreed processes and operating procedures and regulations.
This is professionally challenging post and an Estate Management professional will be given the opportunity of considerably broadening their experience of property valuation techniques.
A RICS Registered Valuer qualification or working towards achieving it is desirable but not essential
Post will be based at RAF Wyton.
DIO adopt a smarter working policy: The post holder would be based out of the main office location but has the flexibility to work out of other DIO Offices. All employees are provided with IT equipment to facilitate smarter working.
Desirable Experience & Skills
• RICS Registered Valuer
Leadership and Management within Estates
• Manage their resources/team in accordance with the DIO Values.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to the DIO Values.
• Provide leadership for the team/section and /or function.
• Develop team members and assist Line Managers in delivering Departmental goals.
• Ensure compliance with mandatory and professional training requirements.
• Promote collaborative working practices with team and all stakeholders.
• Responsible for effective project management and direction of allocated LMS resources in delivery of land and property valuation outputs and advice to all MOD and DIO stakeholders.
• Assist the Senior Valuer (Overseas QQR Programme Manager) in the effective management and delivery of the Asset valuations (QQR) of the Overseas estate.
• Assist in the delivery of agreed and allocated land and property Valuation outputs, services and advice and support to MOD and internal DIO customers, to include capital and rental valuations and specific valuation advice, as required or instructed.
• Assist in the delivery of agreed programme of Estates Valuation outputs, services and subject Matter Expert advice in support of the Asset valuations (QQR) of the Overseas estate.
• Development and maintenance of stakeholder management and analysis activities for allocated responsibilities and stakeholders in line with DIO Corporate approach and messaging.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) Support to DIO
• Development and maintenance of internal valuation guidance, processes and systems in support of continuous improvement.
• Provide comprehensive advice to MOD and DIO customers and stakeholders on all general valuation issues regarding Policy development and legislation.
• Responsible for assurance in relation to contracted out delivery of Estates outputs and advice.
• Maintenance and Completion of all Records, Valuation databases and Task management Tool requirements.
• Deliver timely and accurate SME input, advice and support to parliamentary, FOI and secretariat business, and general inquiries.
Full UK Driving License is essential as:
Post holders will be required to travel to the sites covered by the post on a regular basis and some visits may involve overnight stays. Some sites are difficult to access via public transport.