Building and Facilities Director
Eton College are looking to recruit a Buildings and Facilities Director, reporting to the Bursar, to be responsible for an annual budget of £15 million (excluding major capital projects) and a staff of 200, including the accommodation, building surveyors, cleaning, grounds and gardens, health & safety, laundry, maintenance and security departments.
This role will be replacing the current incumbent, who is retiring in April 2021, thus ideally providing a handover period of responsibilities, including capital projects and portfolios.
- Management and maintenance of all School operational buildings and grounds
- Preparation of annual budgets and three year plans and financial management of the agreed budget
- Monitoring the condition of all School property and establishing cyclical programmes for keeping the property in good condition and for regular upgrading to current standards
- Advising on good practice and ensuring compliance with the policies agreed by the Provost and Fellows (Eton's governing body) and all relevant statutory requirements in respect of all aspects of health and safety
- Managing the performance of the Security and the-Grounds department
- Managing and controlling the cost of utilities and playing an active role in the School's environmental implementation programme
- Ensuring that appropriate insurances are in place for all aspects of the School's business and its buildings
- ln conjunction with the Bursar and relevant Committee deciding on the allocation of housing to staff members
- Chairing or attending internal committees, such as Environment, Health and Safety, Historic Buildings, Inspection, Landscape, and Resident committees.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in a senior managerial role with successful leadership of large teams and effective control of operational and capital budgets.
- A Chartered Surveyor or equivalent professional qualification
- Experience of working in an educational establishment on a complex historic site would be desirable but is not essential.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels is essential and
- Strong delegation skills, and the ability to ensure that sufficient time is devoted to strategic direction.
- A sense of humour would be a useful attribute together with patience and resilience.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses. This position also includes private healthcare.
Competitive package commensurate on experience
For further details, and to apply, please visit our website via the 'Apply now' button.
Closing Date: 11th October 2020
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.