We are currently working with a leading Facilities Service provider to recruit a Mechanical Engineer for a large public sector contract in the London area
A pivotal role in the Technical Services team assisting the various Technical Service Managers to deliver services within the Head Office portfolio. The position will be responsible for the operational delivery of M&E especially Plumbing services including planned, re-active and Additional Works, there will be also be an element of quote support for the Additional Works Team expected.
This role will work alongside the Infrastructure Managers to identify and support the resolution of Plumbing issues associated with the Head Office Estate.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Technical Service Managers with all plumbing activities identified to mitigate risks identified.
- Work in conjunction and alignment to the Infrastructure Managers in identifying and resolving Plumbing issues identified.
- Assist the Operations Manager to ensure Project operational performance is optimized and engineering efficiency is at its maximum
- Offer guidance and assistance to Project engineering teams To develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal clients and key stakeholders
- Assist with engineering team performance reviews
- Actively engage with new engineering team members and the new starter process to ensure a seamless introduction to the Project.
- In addition to the above it would be preferable if the post holder has obtained a G3 qualification, allowing them to work on unvented hot water systems
- On this issue the following needs to be achievable and dealt with;
- Pumps: replacement of pump shaft seals (to fix leaks), replacement of small pumps.
- General plumbing maintenance: replace leaking/defective valves, remove dead leg pipework, install/remove TMVs, replace taps, replace tank ball float valves, replace radiator TRVs etc.
- Pressurisation units: service and repair of closed system pressurisation units.
- Expansion vessels: checking and topping up air pressure, replacement of failed vessels.
- Small installation works: e.g. installation of new taps, small electric water heaters, showers and associated domestic pipework.
- Filters: check and replace sidestream filters on closed heating/cooling systems.
- Investigative works: trace pipework, identify failed components, identify common plumbing issues etc.
- Mentor engineering team members to build a can-do mentality and drive home Vinci ethos
- Strive for continual improvement within team and create a positive team culture/ethos
- Must be able to continually focus work and mind at an individual task level but still remain part of a focussed management team.
- Assist with the Management of a team who carry out maintenance, reactive and installation works in accordance with appropriate policy, specifications and HSE regulations.
- Provide direction and support to engineers and technicians on how to prioritise workload to ensure all works are completed within time and,
- Have a SLA and KPI Focus
Must have: Minimum Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating. G3 qualification in Unvented Hot Water Systems.
Minimum 10 years as a qualified Plumber/Mechanical Engineer.
Minimum 5 years working on Commercial Buildings.
Minimum 5 years in the FM environment
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy