Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an intermediate level Building Surveyor / Project Surveyor to join a well-established local Property Development Company in Dorset.
The family owned company hold a long standing reputation for developing and owning commercial and residential property across the Dorset region. With decades of experience, the company are involved in all aspects of property, from the design and build of their own assets, through to investment and property management. Due to a pipeline of significant workloads, the business is now looking to appoint an experienced candidate into a hybrid Building / Project Surveyor role.
Your new role
As the Building / Project Surveyor, you should expect your role to be highly varied and versatile. The position will see you responsible for providing a range of surveying and project management related tasks across two aspects of the business. The majority of your time will be focused on new build developments across both residential and commercial sectors, supporting the Project Director with monitoring projects from an in-house developer's perspective. The remaining aspect of the role will see you responsible for overseeing, specifying and managing costs for a range of maintenance and repairs projects across the business's property portfolio.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed with the role, you will need;
- A minimum of 2 - 3 years experience within a Building or Quantity Surveying role.
- Have experience of specifying, pricing and overseeing construction projects.
- Preferably have some experience of new build residential developments, but not essential.
- Hold a relevant construction qualification and clean driving licence.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, competent and strong interpersonal skills
- Sound geographical knowledge of the Dorset region.
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.