Quantity Surveyor – Developer – £45,000 to £65,000 plus bonus and package
This opportunity is to work for a London based Property Developer focused on hotel and residential projects. The ideal candidate will be chartered with at least 3 years’ experience preferably inclusive of some hotel project experience and pre-contract dealings.
- To manage project procurement for services and works to ensure compliance with company procedures. To form long term, mutually beneficial and trust-based relationships with supply base.
- To interrogate cost plans produced by the external PQS
- To manage design and the design team
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend design team and specification meetings, comment on relevance and advise
- Compile specifications and update
- Reading drawings and interpreting the information
- Input on material submissions to local authorities for approval
- Liaise with Statutory and Local Authorities
- To create and administer tender documentation
- Analyse tenders and appoint contractor
- Monitor and report committed costs against pre-determined budgets
- Agree contract variations
- Develop supplier and stakeholder relationships
- To undertake periodic performance reviews of supplier activities to drive improved service delivery, value for money, reduced life cycle costs and to meet project objectives
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management;
- Full membership in a Professional Chartered Quantity Surveying or Procurement Organisation, preferably RICS.
- At least 3 years’ experience