ASSISTANT ESTATES SURVEYOR
An exciting opportunity to join the Estates Team responsible for managing planning permissions, environmental permits and providing support on property matters across the company's extensive portfolio.
The role is home based with national travel and as such there is some flexibility on location.
We are looking for an enthusiastic proactive individual with the ability to work independently and provide support to the Estates Managers as follows:
- Supporting the Estates Managers and Group Property & Estates Manager in all aspects of Estates management, including the management of planning and permit applications and lease agreements;
- Providing support and advice to the business in all matters associated with the company’s portfolio of statutory consents including attendance at both regular regional meetings and project specific meetings;
- Maintaining professional and effective working relationships with the Environment Agency, planning authorities and landowners;
- Managing consultants appointed for the production of planning and environmental permit applications;
- Contributing to the preparation of capital approval submissions including cost negotiation with external consultants and the analysis of fee quotations to deliver best value;
- Managing and coordinating responses following local authority planning audits for sites within the region;
- Supporting the Business in providing stakeholder liaison through attendance at community liaison meetings and exhibitions.
- Attending meetings in support of the FCC Bidding and Development teams
- To proactively compile and submit environmental permit and planning applications in line with the needs and direction of the Estates Manager; and
- To provide support to the Estates Manager in the co-ordination of inputs to Local Development Plans and Waste Strategies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree educated in either mineral or waste planning and/or other relevant environmental based qualification.
- Experience of minerals and waste estates management
- Experienced in managing environmental permit applications including familiarity with environmental regulations relevant to the waste management industry;
- Management of planning applications within the Town and Country Planning Act with an understanding of the politics, processes and policies involved;
- Experience of liaising with regulators and other stakeholders; and
- Strong IT skills to manage department databases.
Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- The Town and Country Planning Acts with a detailed understanding of the politics, processes and policies involved;
- The Environmental Permitting Regulations relevant to the waste management industry; and
- Estate management including an understanding of matters associated with the Landlord & Tenant Act.
- Ability to work independently and manage individual project workload evaluating priorities, responding quickly and positively to changing commercial imperatives;
- Ability to work collaboratively at site and management levels to add value to the decision making process;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and develop successful long-term working relationships with colleagues, local authorities, governing bodies, community liaison groups and other stakeholders; and
- Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and improve commercial performance.