I am currently working with a Local Authority in Hertfordshire who are looking for a Building Surveyor to support the delivery of their capital programme and the structural/subsidence work.
About the Role;
- Structural fault investigation and recommending solutions to structural and subsidence cases. Including the procurement and management of contractors and consultants.
- Project management skills
- Interpreting and developing design briefs and project requirements from, Client officers, project sponsors, and external organisations
- Identify building defects and provide recommendations for repair, preparing estimates as required.
- Carry out building/stock condition and dilapidation surveys preparing reports on findings.
- Highly developed skills in the preparation of drawings, schedule of works and specifications
About the contract;
- 37 hrs a week
- Professional qualification preferred e.g. CIOB, RICS or equivalent
- Experience of Building legislation including Planning, Building regulations, CDM, Health & Safety Legislation and Party Wall Act.
What to do now
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Sophie at Park Avenue Recruitment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in.