Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Clerk of Works / Site Inspector to join the South East Development team of a well-respected Housing Association, who operate across the UK.
This Housing Association have plans to build a significant number of homes of the next 3 years. Their Development department are responsible for the delivery major, complex development and regeneration projects on behalf of the business. As part of their ambitious growth, they are now looking to appoint an experienced Clerk of Works / Site Inspector, who holds a passion for delivering a high standard of build quality and workmanship.
The role will require someone to work within a field based capacity, covering the regional counties within the South East area.
Your new role
As a Clerk of Works / Site Inspector, you will be responsible for managing the materials and workmanship quality of a number of Social Housing development projects, ensuring they comply with the building contracts, development agreements and drawings / specifications.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Monitoring the quality of all materials and workmanship ensuring compliance with the building contract/development agreement and drawings/specifications. Carry out all snagging and technical inspections to ensure completion to required standard.
- Ensuring the Employers Agent and their representatives undertake the relevant number of inspections.
- Working with the Employers Agent to advise of potential problems and establish satisfactory construction outcomes.
- Working in close partnership with the contractor and consultancy team, to support the overall objectives of construction to time, cost and quality of the project.
- Keeping accurate records on site and report regularly to the Project Manager. Provide specific contract and general technical support to the team.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need;
- Proven construction experience, ideally within a Clerk of Works or Site Inspector role.
- Desirably have experience of new build residential developments.
- Knowledge of current building regulations.
- Knowledge of contractual and non-contractual defects.
- Minimum HNC/HND in Construction, Surveying or similar.
- Proven customer service experience.
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.