Working with the Exec Teams, to oversee the development, design brief and construction - Hospital Development
Hays Executive Search are proud to working with an NHS Trust based on the South East of England to source a Hospital Design & Construction Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Estates and Facilities, the role of Hospital Design & Construction Manager will be an integral part of the ambitious Estates Transformation plans by leading the planned development of the site which will include construction and commissioning stages in line with their masterplan.
The masterplan consists of a long-term programme of major capital investment, and it is expected that the development plan will see major investment across the estate with an emphasis on the estate's infrastructure as well as supporting patient care and operational performance.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working with the executive team, delivering feasibility studies for projects within the Capital Programme and Estates Development Strategy
- Overseeing the work of a design team to develop the hospital design including working with external advisors, partners and clinical/non-clinical staff, to determine the preferred design and location of the future hospital on site
- Providing detailed design, tendering and delivery of building and engineering capital projects
- Providing detailed Estates input into the Trust's capital governance processes
- Work closely with the executive team and estates leads to develop the strategy and negotiating hard and soft Facilities Management contracts in relation to the new development and to manage service contracts.
Essential / Desirable:
- A construction related degree (or equivalent) = E
- Experience in a senior / executive Capital Projects / Programme position = E
- Knowledge and working experience of current HTM and HBN guidance = E
- Experience of managing challenging mixed stakeholder groups = E
- Experience of working within the NHS = D
- Experience of P21 / P22 = D
We are seeking an individual with a proven track record of delivering Capital Projects/Programmes (all RIBA Stages) across large scale, complex, high-footfall estates portfolios (preferably within the NHS, although this is not essential). Demonstrating strengths in stakeholder management, you will be a natural collaborator, with strong interpersonal skills and high-level influencing abilities.
For a confidential discussion please contact Marcus May of Hays Executive Search on 07516 129 012