A leading firm whose talent and capability within the Rail Sector is highly recognised, and being involved in the UK largest infrastructure sectors are now looking for Estimators (both intermediate and senior levels) within the Industry Sector as part of the Commercial team to support their Clients project teams working on Rail programmes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right people with an appropriate background in the Industry sector, which will ideally be in rail to take their career to the next level.
We are looking for Estimators to:
- Integrate with and provide an estimating role to multi-disciplined project teams.
- Ensure the implementation of the client's estimating procedures.
- Review, evaluate, validate and report on existing estimates for projects.
- Assist in risk and opportunity exercises and reviews.
- Support Value Management exercises.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Assistant Estimators under their control.
To join us, you will have:
- Minimum of HNC/HND diploma or degree in a cost or engineering related discipline or be qualified by experience.
- Full membership of the RICS / CICES / IOB / ACostE or equivalent professional body is desirable.
- Working knowledge of the estimating process and a good understanding of the requirements to produce a project Estimate and Basis of Estimate.
- An analytical bias with the ability to provide solutions to issues.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and engineering drawings of varying complexity.
- Ability to co-ordinate disparate information into a coherent estimate.
- Familiarity with recognised methods of measurement.
- Appreciation of engineering, licensing, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning processes.
- Understanding of and experience in the rail sector.
- Skills to act as deputy to Senior/associate level Estimators.
- Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels.
- Knowledge of construction management and project management.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills and a working knowledge of other MS Office products, experienced in the use of Estimating software packages. Working knowledge of SAP would be desirable.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.