Clerks of Works, London
Construction & Development
One of our most established clients is looking for a Clerk of Works to join their team in the development and construction of the most prestige residential and commercial projects in the UK.
As a Clerk of Works, your role will be to inspect the quality, workmanship and safety of work carried out on site. You will be conducting regular site inspections and checking that building plans are being followed correctly. You will also be checking that work is being carried out to the correct specifications and legal, safety and environmental standards are enforced at all times.
- Your duties as a Clerk of Works involve regularly monitoring and reporting to Senior Management.
- Liaising with contractors, engineers and surveyors, recording all results and identifying problems, but also being able to come up with viable solutions in order to solve them.
- Within this position you may also be responsible for supervising the workforce on the building site throughout the entirety of the project to ensure the highest standards are being met at all times.
- You will be required to provide regular reports highlighting any concerns, addressing these items such as construction, quality, safety or weather issues.
- As a Clerk of Works, you will also need to manage the witnessing of all tests required to be carried out by specification and ensure all records of tests are reported throughout.
The ideal Clerk of Works will have relevant experience in a previous Clerk of Works role in building, civil and building services. You should have a relevant construction degree or trade qualification, i.e. BSC, MCIOB and be a member of ICWCI. Experience within Residential Development is preferred.
If you feel this role is suited to you, contact Grace Duffy on 07483 062 498 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.