To provide professional Building Surveying services ensuring that the council's public buildings, residential garages, including leisure, commercial, community and park buildings etc are compliant, and all assets are repaired and maintained in a good state of repair and are fit for purpose.
Based in a thriving town full of opportunities for the communities, led by an innovative Council. The motto is "the heart of the town lies in its people" and with everything from worldclass R&D companies to our four award-winning Green Flag parks all located here, the people are at the heart of what they do.
- Under the direction from the Principal Building Surveyor assume day to day management responsibility and adopt and maintain best practice on schemes through to completion, and review
- Interpreting and developing design briefs and project requirements from, Client officers, project sponsors, and external organisations.
- Identifying and recommending the need to appoint specialist and consultants
- Ensuring project delivery within a strict qualitative and commercial framework.
- Preparing budget estimates, costs and outline specifications during the design process.
- Detailed knowledge of building technology and construction including identifying defects and repair solutions.
- Highly developed skills in the preparation of drawings, schedule of works and specifications as required at the various stages of the project including documents for quotation and tendering purposes.
- Heightened Ability to think creatively to resolve complex design and property related problems.
- Detailed Knowledge of the various building contracts available and their appropriate use.
- Experience of working in either Architectural or Surveying Office for 5-6 years.
- A talent development programme that includes regular one-to-ones, mid-year reviews, end of year performance reviews and a strong and varied learning and development programme
- A lot of autonomy and support from a highly qualified team