Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an Estates Surveyor to join a privately owned Property Company located on the Hampshire / Sussex border.
The company are responsible for managing an investment portfolio and property interests of a wider group of businesses. The portfolio comprises of a wide range of commercial and residential property, including industrial / warehouse, retail, argicultural and horticultural and private residential accommodation sites. Here, the business uses it's small, but high performing, professional team to provide a split of services between estate and asset management, strategic land promotion and the delivery of development schemes.
Your new role
As the Estates Surveyor, you will play an important role in the day to day management of the varied property portfolio and provide support to the wider team. Reporting to the Asset Manager, you will ensure that a high quality and customer focused service is provided to the tenants and other business units, maximising the potential profit of each site.
Specific responsibilities will include;
- Assist the Asset Manager to maximise the value and potential of the assets under management, identifying value-add initiatives.
- Assist with the marketing and letting of vacant accommodation.
- Assist with landlord and tenant matters including working up Heads of Terms for transactions, granting new leases lease renewals and re-gears, lease expiries, dilapidations, rent reviews and tenancy changes across the portfolio.
- Proactively manage property & land assets, working with property agents, external consultants, and specialist advisors, contractors & suppliers, ensuring occupier satisfaction.
- Undertake property inspections to assess lease and Health & Safety compliance, taking appropriate & timely follow-up action.
- Prepare & administer service charge and other budgets in conjunction with the Finance team, ensuring in-year monitoring of approved expenditure and out-turn figures with agreed parameters.
- Manage preventative and reactive maintenance & repair works, instructing and liaising with contractors and seeing through to completion.
- Manage external residential managing agents on a day to day basis, ensuring the terms of appointments are met.
- Assist with preparation of Board and other briefings and reports, ensuring accuracy of data.
- Develop strong & effective working relationships with tenants, suppliers, consultants, business partners, and other key stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
As the Estates Surveyor, you will be professional and proactive with a broad approach to estate management, with experience across a range of asset types, and a willingness to take ownership of your work, whilst working collaboratively with others.
Specific criteria includes;
- MRICS qualified
- A relevant degree in property or similar subject
- 2 - 4 years experience within estates / property management
- Proficient in undertaking a range of commercial property property matters, such as lease renewals and rent reviews
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with tenants, suppliers and stakeholders
- Energetic, self-motivated and resilient to managing a wide-ranging workload in a fast paced environment
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please call our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.
Please note that due to the urgency of this vacancy, there is no specific closing date and shortlisting will take place once a suitable volume of applicants have been secured. In this case, please DO NOT delay in submitting your application.