- Quantity Surveyor
- £40,000 - £60,000 + £4k car allowance + bonuses + 10% pension + health + 26 days
- Residential Developer
- Worthing, West Sussex
Join the construction arm of this successful South Coast developer for the opportunity to work on a variety of new-build developments within a friendly, team-focussed environment. Generous package and progression on offer.
With a strong workload, our client is a small family-owned business with a relaxed and friendly feel. They are highly organised and work to a high standard in a collaborative team environment.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will work under the Commercial Manager with a main focus of running sub-contract accounts from tender to final accounts.
Projects are all based on the South Coast between Brighton and Bognor and 95% of the projects are RC frame apartments. Other projects include small-medium housing developments.
They currently have a secured development portfolio which extends for at least the next 5 years and this role comes with the potential for progression up to Commercial Manager in the future.
TTe new Quantity Surveyor will be based from the Worthing office alongside the Commercial/ Operations Manager.
Person Specification – Quantity Surveyor
- Degree or equivilent qualification in Quantity Surveying
- 3+ years practical experience in the residential sector
- Experience of concrete frame structures
- Experience of sage accounting software would be ideal
- A thorough understanding of general construction works packages to ensure that all works are procured in a competitive tender situation and not added later as variations
Roles & Responsibilities – Quantity Surveyor
- Subcontract tender enquiries to include the preparation of the tender documents, ftp links, etc.
- Analysis of bids received, due diligence upon the companies tendering, preparation of comparisons of the bids, interviewing and appointing the successful bidder.
- Preparation of the subcontract documents, and Collateral Warranties when appropriate. Agree terms with the subcontractor and arrange execution of the contract.
- Advising site management on scope of subcontract works.
- Checking, measuring, agreeing and processing payments for subcontractor interim applications including thorough vetting and verification of variations, dayworks, etc. and the associated costs.
- Ensuring any costs incurred by way of contra charges are passed to the subcontractors who are liable.
- Agreement of subcontract final accounts.
- Reporting anticipated subcontract final accounts for budgetary purposes.
- Obtaining quotations for and procurement of certain materials and plant.
- Some limited work on Sage accounting software entering invoices and applications, running cost reports, etc.
Salary & Package – Quantity Surveyor
Our client is offering a salary of £40,000 – £60,000 per annum depending on your backgroud and experience, along with the following package:
- £4,000 Car allowance
- Annual bonus
- End of project bonus
- Pension contribution of 10% after probationary period
- Health insurance
- 26 days annual leave
APPLY – Quantity Surveyor
To discuss this opportunity in confidence, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – email@example.com or apply on this page.
Quantity Surveyor Jobs from HD Surveyors