DIO - Valuer
Salary: £33,000 + Market Skills Allowance (MRICS/FRICS qualified - £4,000.00 OR Registered Valuer qualified - £5,000) + substantial pension and benefits
Location: RAF Wyton, Huntingdon, PE28 2EA
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
To help achieve our objective of equipping Defence with a smaller, more efficient and better quality estate we are seeking motivated and suitably qualified Valuation Surveyor to join established teams within our Estates network. Customer focused and experienced Valuation professional; Working to the Senior Valuer you will deliver challenging and varied programmes, services and subject matter expert advice across all customers.
The Valuer role is to:
• Be responsible for delivery of agreed LMS Valuation outputs and programme,
• Provide a consultancy services and advice to customers and stakeholders, and
• Will be accountable for ensuring the adhere and confirm with all agreed processes and operating procedures and regulations.
This is professionally challenging post and an Estate Management professional will be given the opportunity of considerably broadening their experience of property valuation techniques.
A RICS Registered Valuer qualification or working towards achieving it is desirable but not essential
Post will be based at RAF Wyton.
DIO adopt a smarter working policy: The post holder would be based out of the main office location but has the flexibility to work out of other DIO Offices. All employees are provided with IT equipment to facilitate smarter working.
Desirable Experience & Skills
• RICS Registered Valuer
Leadership and Management within Estates
• Manage their resources/team in accordance with the DIO Values.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to the DIO Values.
• Provide leadership for the team/section and /or function.
• Develop team members and assist Line Managers in delivering Departmental goals.
• Ensure compliance with mandatory and professional training requirements.
• Promote collaborative working practices with team and all stakeholders.
• Responsible for effective project management and direction of allocated LMS resources in delivery of land and property valuation outputs and advice to all MOD and DIO stakeholders.
• Assist the Senior Valuer (Overseas QQR Programme Manager) in the effective management and delivery of the Asset valuations (QQR) of the Overseas estate.
• Assist in the delivery of agreed and allocated land and property Valuation outputs, services and advice and support to MOD and internal DIO customers, to include capital and rental valuations and specific valuation advice, as required or instructed.
• Assist in the delivery of agreed programme of Estates Valuation outputs, services and subject Matter Expert advice in support of the Asset valuations (QQR) of the Overseas estate.
• Development and maintenance of stakeholder management and analysis activities for allocated responsibilities and stakeholders in line with DIO Corporate approach and messaging.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) Support to DIO
• Development and maintenance of internal valuation guidance, processes and systems in support of continuous improvement.
• Provide comprehensive advice to MOD and DIO customers and stakeholders on all general valuation issues regarding Policy development and legislation.
• Responsible for assurance in relation to contracted out delivery of Estates outputs and advice.
• Maintenance and Completion of all Records, Valuation databases and Task management Tool requirements.
• Deliver timely and accurate SME input, advice and support to parliamentary, FOI and secretariat business, and general inquiries.
Full UK Driving License is essential as:
Post holders will be required to travel to the sites covered by the post on a regular basis and some visits may involve overnight stays. Some sites are difficult to access via public transport.
• Full Membership of an appropriate estates professional body (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors - Professional
• MRICS/FRICS (or equivalent)
• A relevant Estate Surveying degree or equivalent qualification
About our Team
The DIO is the MoD’s expert adviser and enabler on infrastructure matters. It is tasked with equipping Defence with a significantly smaller more efficient, better quality estate.
Estates are the in-house real estate team within DIO advising our customers on current and future infrastructure needs, we acquire, manage, safeguard and dispose of the Defence real estate.
Our unique customer knowledge and insight of the Defence Estate enables our in-house team of chartered surveyors, town planners, registered valuers and technical staff to provide in-depth advice, adding value to our customers delivery programmes across England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Overseas. This includes but is not limited to: property advice, safeguarding, byelaws, rationalisation programmes, acquisitions, disposals, lease management, accommodation programmes, commercialisation initiatives, rating, valuation programmes and the management of the tenanted estate.
Estates has four delivery teams, Acquisitions & Disposals (A&D) - delivering the Acquisitions and Disposals Programme, Accommodation Optimisation Team (AOT) providing strategic accommodation advice and support, Land Management Services (LMS) – providing a comprehensive land, estate and property management service and Safeguarding – protecting specific assets and operational capabilities.
LAND MANAGEMENT SERVICES (LMS)
LMS are accountable and responsible for the delivery of prioritised & agreed regional (UK and Overseas) and national DIO Estates programmes & projects against the DIO Business Plan & to support Military Capability. Estates deliver a comprehensive estate surveying, SME service to all areas of DIO business including Accommodation & the Training Estate, in the UK & overseas & external stakeholders. Delivery is via in-house service delivery teams of Chartered Surveyors & experienced technical support staff, with limited support from Industry Partners. This includes demonstration of effective stewardship of the defence estate & discharge of Department of State responsibilities.
Full UK Driving License
A relevant Estate Surveying degree or equivalent qualification
Full membership of an appropriate estates professional body (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors - Professional)
MRICS/FRICS (or equivalent)
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
• Highly competitive Pension Scheme
• Flexi-time scheme
• Alternative working practices such as working from home
• 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
• Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
• In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
• Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
• Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
• Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
• Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
• Professional and Personal Development of skills
• Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
• Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
The post advertised is for 37 hours net, however the Ministry of Defence offers a range of flexibilities to enable a better work-life balance for employees. Flexible working, Part-time working and Job Share working patterns will be considered.
This post offers a Market Skills Allowance of;
MRICS/FRICS qualified - £4,000.00 OR
Registered Valuer qualified - £5,000.
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.
Apply and further information
Name: David Batchelor
Apply before 11:55 pm on Tuesday 20th October 2020