Project Manager (Retail Projects) £30-£35k + Benefits
An architectural and project management consultancy specialising in retail refurbishment and fit-out works seeks an experienced Project Manager to provide project management and some architectural support to their retail client portfolio. Specific projects currently include a luxury goods retailer, and in addition a very well-known clothing retailer where you will provide a flexible and responsive service and have autonomy to manage your own projects. It is envisaged you will be working on 3 projects at any given time, with one of those in the pre-contract phase. Projects will be UK wide and it is envisaged you will be in the office 1-2 days a week, on site 2 days a week, and working from home 1-2 days a week, depending on requirements. This means that you could commute from further afield due to this. Sites will be across the UK, so national travel will be a requirement.
You should have experience of pre and post contract elements including scoping, tendering, contract administration and on-site management of contractors and other consultants. Perhaps the most important aspect of this role is the client liaison, and you must be able to be pragmatic and handle client and stakeholder enquiries requests and instructions effectively.
There is a possibilty that the company will consider a higher salary and a role with more scope for a more experienced candidate.
Duties to include:
Site Survey and Existing Record:
• Detailed floor and roof plans
• Internal and external elevations, sections and sectional elevations
• Reflective ceilings plans and services.
• Production of existing layout drawings, elevations, sections in plan and model formats from existing drawing and survey notes
• Condition and Acquisition Reports
Drawing Preparation and Control:
• Production of feasibility and scheme design drawings
• Production of detailed technical proposal drawings, models and visuals using AutoCAD, Sketch-Up and other similar packages
• Responsible for the quality of drawing production
• Client Liaison
• Quality Assurance of Drawing/Model production
Project Management Duties:
• Pro-active liaison with Clients and their representatives
• Liaison with internal team
• Production and management of project programs and management of budget and expenditure reports
• Preparation of project documentation, including specifications and precontract documents
• Preparation and submission of statutory approvals, dealing with enquiries and obtaining consents
• Managing projects on site ensuring compliance with Building Regs and specifications
• Managing office based and site projects
• Any other duties or requirements of the company or clients
A background working as a Project Manager is essential, as is working in a retail refurbishment and fit-out environment either in a consultancy or in-house with a retailer.
Essential skills include;
- Full UK driving licence
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD/REVIT
- High level of IT literacy
- Project Management Skills
- Good knowledge of the Building Regulations
- Good knowledge of construction techniques
- Experience of 3D modelling software
- Qualification in AutoCAD
- Experience of the planning system
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Andrew Pearson at Edgar Cowen on 0121 265 7914 or apply for the role by sending your CV