The successful candidate will be part of a team of 2 Directors, 1 Surveyor and 1 Graduate. The team sits between our residential and commercial valuation teams and carries out a varied and diverse range of commercial and development valuation instructions throughout London and the UK, predominantly for loan security purposes.
The vast majority of time will be spent undertaking loan security valuations on behalf of the major lending organisations. This includes UK clearing banks, German lenders, insurers and alternative lenders. Increasingly important are Asian lenders, particularly Hong Kong and Singaporean based.
The types of properties valued by the team include all of the main commercial sectors, but with a focus on retail (high street, shopping centres and retail warehousing), together with the emerging multi-family sector.
- Providing valuation advice to clients for loan security, accounts and other purposes
- Producing Red Book valuation reports to a high standard
- Reporting to clients and senior colleagues
- Become a single point of contact to clients
- Adhere to internal processes, lender requirements and RICS regulations
- Build the professional business through networking internally and externally, developing close relationships with existing and new clients
- Develop and identify new business opportunities
- Keeping up to date with changing legislation and valuation practices
- Act as a role model and supervisor to rotational graduates
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- MRICS qualified (essential)
- Ideally a minimum of 1 years PQE
- Experience in writing reports and providing strategic property advice and due diligence (essential)
- Experience of Development valuations, in particular retail and office developments (advantageous)
- Good market knowledge & strong commercial awareness
- Ability to liaise and communicate well with clients, colleagues and other departments within Savills
- Well organised with good attention to detail
- Strong analytical, research and report writing skills (essential)
- Cantonese Speaking (advantageous) with potential requirement to meet and communicate with Hong Kong and Singaporean based clients (lenders and borrowers)
- Strategic approach to problem solving
- Ability to drive a substantial case load with limited supervision
- Autonomous – able to take sole responsibility for instructions from start to finish
- Work quickly and efficiently to tight timescales
- Ability to generate new instructions and build on the existing client base
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in valuation software, specifically Excel, Argus Valuation Capitalisation, Argus Enterprise and Argus Developer
Please give me a call to discuss (Sam) 07917 042 950.
I am a specialist General Practice recruiter with over 4 years’ experience in the industry. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to discuss your options I’d love to hear from you.