£33,000 This post offers a Market Skills Allowance of; Location - £2,000.00 OR MRICS/FRICS Qualified - £4,000.00 + substantial pension and benefits
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
DIO is passionate about ensuring that we are a top performing organisation and a great place to work. We host a diverse range of talent where everyone feels valued and supported enabling our people to flourish, bring greater creativity and innovation to achieve higher organisational performance. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work and individuality is truly appreciated.
To help achieve our objective of equipping Defence with a smaller, more efficient and better-quality estate we are seeking motivated and suitably qualified Estates Surveyors to join established teams within our Estates Directorate network.
Supporting Senior Surveyors, the DIO Estate Surveyor will be responsible for delivering challenging and varied Estate surveying outputs, services and subject matter expert advice across all customers. The ability to work in a team will be key.
The DIO Estate Surveyor Role is to advise and take forward property related management and transactions at a number of MOD establishments, to include: negotiations to grant and acquire new lease agreements, negotiate rent reviews, lease renewals and any other property related agreements; increase income from casual use and licence/lease agreements utilising spare capacity; advise on rationalisation opportunities including identification of potential disposals; respond to day to day property related enquiries and protecting the integrity of the defence estate. You will be acting both as landlord and tenant on our unique estate, so variety is certain!
This position is based in RAF Wyton.
DIO adopt a smarter working policy: The post holder would be based out of the main office location but has the flexibility to work out of other DIO Offices. All employees are provided with IT equipment to facilitate smarter working.
Desirable Experience & Skills
A relevant Estate Surveying degree or full Membership of an appropriate estates professional body (Associate RICS/MRICS/FRICS) is desirable but not essential.
• Deliver allocated programme to stakeholders and customers within their delegate budgets
• Provide comprehensive advise and estate management transactional and consultancy service to include lease renewals and terminations, rent reviews, hirings, lettings, valuations, minor disposals, damage claims, sustainability/environmental, byelaws and other estate services as requried.
• Provide support to ensure effective stewardship of the Defence Estate
Subject Matter Expert (SME) Support to DIO
• Deliver timely and accurate SME input, advice and support to parliamentry, FOI, secretariat business and general inquiries
• Maintenance and completion of all records, and input into management data and reporting
• Provide estate consutancy and support to strategic programmes including estate rationalisation and reprovision opportunities
Leadership and Management within the Estates Division
• Manage their resources in accordance with the DIO Values
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to the DIO Values
• Develop team members and assist Line Managers in delivering Departmental goals
• Ensure compliance with mandatory and professional training requirements
• Promote collaborative working practices with team and all stakeholders
• Assist Senior Estate Surveyor/functional manager in the development of a programme of LMS outputs and support together
• Assist Senior Estate Surveyor/functional manager in reviewing and assessing against the programme taking corrective action and re- prioritising as appropriate
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of local and national stakholder engagement to build effective relationships in support of the management of the Defence Estate
• Responsible for assurance in relation to contracted out delivery of LMS programme and advice
• Support customers in manging and operating within their delegated budgets
Post holders will be required to travel to the sites covered by the post on a regular basis and some visits may involve overnight stays. Some sites are difficult to access via public transport.
To apply, please contact Jonathan Mills on 07909 872787. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11:55 pm on Monday 19th October 2020.