Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
DIO is passionate about ensuring that we are a top performing organisation and a great place to work. We host a diverse range of talent where everyone feels valued and supported enabling our people to flourish, bring greater creativity and innovation to achieve higher organisational performance. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work and individuality is truly appreciated.
The Estates Facility Manager position is a key, high profile and challenging role which will provide a great sense of achievement in delivering effective hard and soft facility management at this establishment.
The Estate Facility Manager (EFM) is an individual and semi-autonomous leader of the Horse Guards delivery and central within the DIO South East and Private Finance Initiative (SE&PFI) for Service Delivery at several sites in Central London areas.
• Ensuring the engagement and stakeholder management of your establishment and its customer representatives.
• Working in collaboration with the Industry Partner and other agencies to deliver key tasks including providing assurance of delivery and statutory compliance of the estate together with delivery of customer development tasks.
• Ensuring that the industry partner is delivering the correct level of service against agreed indicators and enabling issue resolution to maintain operational outputs against agreed requirements.
Key aspects include
• Assurance of both hard and soft delivery for a multiplicity of tasks with a particular focus on statutory compliance including LEGIONELLA, ASBESTOS and Construction Design & Management (CDM).
• Effective management of additional works service tasks including delivery of the Top Level Budget (TLB) Command Infrastructure Delivery Plan (CIDP) and contract amendments.
• Collation and reporting of hard and soft facilities management data.
• Maintaining key stakeholder engagement with both industry partner and customer representatives.
• Effective and timely issue management.
You will work closely with the Senior Estate Facility Manager (SEFM), your immediate peers and the wider DIO community.
Desirable Experience & Skills
Whilst not a prerequisite, the role will benefit from prior experience in infrastructure management.
A period of practical experience at an appropriate level in Estate Management and/or an understanding of Contract Management in a demanding delivery environment
A recognised qualification in a Facilities Management, Construction or Building Services related field
You could also be working towards an appropriate qualification or about to graduate.
To apply, please contact Gary Burrell on 07976 269282 . Email: Gary.Burrell239@mod.gov.uk
Closing date: 11:55 pm on Wednesday 21st October 2020.