Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
DIO is passionate about ensuring that we are a top performing organisation and a great place to work. We host a diverse range of talent where everyone feels valued and supported enabling our people to flourish, bring greater creativity and innovation to achieve higher organisational performance. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work and individuality is truly appreciated.
To help achieve our objective of equipping Defence with a smaller, more efficient and better quality estate the Estates Directorate are seeking motivated and a suitably qualified B2 grade Principal Manager to join and lead established teams within our Acquisitions and Disposals department.
You will be a customer focused and experienced property professional and team leader; you will deliver challenging and varied estate surveying programmes, services and subject matter expert advice across all customers.
The Principal Manager will bring experience and understanding of commercial and residential development to DIO. Supporting the Deputy Head of Estates, the individual will work with customers, supply chain, developers, local government and other regional stakeholders to evaluate and realise the optimum market value of disposals; coordinating closure works, planning processes, change of use approval and release to market (including marketing and bidder negotiation).
The Principal Manager will coordinate a diverse range of projects in the UK. They will have a specific focus on ‘value add’ opportunities within the early stages of infrastructure optimisation work, helping to prioritise, establish and inject momentum into projects emerging from the Footprint Strategy (FS).
Desirable Experience & Skills
• Estate and infrastructure Management experience
• Experience of strategic planning, estate management, policy issues or programme management
• Senior Stakeholder Engagement
• Defence experience
Leadership and Management
• Provide strategic direction and project management skills in order to deliver DIO outputs
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to the DIO guiding principles
• Take responsibility for developing and supporting the team, enabling them to deliver departmental goals whilst managing poor performance (if required)
• Create an environment of strong working relationships both within the team and with other teams across DIO and MoD
• Be accountable to Senior Management for the performance of the delivery team reporting to this post.
Development & Disposals Project Management
• Deliver financial and other benefits from surplus MOD estate
• Commission and review technical and market reports. Understand and be able to implement recommendations
•Work with other parts of DIO to help drive value from the supply chain
• Develop and review, in conjunction with the Programme Managers, Business Cases, Programme Status Reports, technical updates and briefing papers for DIO, MOD, HMT and parliamentary business, as required
• Maintain an expert knowledge of industry best practice in disposals strategy and project management, sharing this across DIO to build corporate knowledge
Subject Matter Expert Advice
• Provide strategic planning, development and estate management advice on how to optimise complex disposal projects from inception to delivery.
• Challenge existing strategies and identify opportunities for value enhancements and/or cost savings. Bring consensus to options testing of complex propositions.
• Working with other parts of DIO to ensure that all Business Cases are developed to the required standard and that benefits are realised, measured and monitored.
• Working with Financial and Commercial directorates to ensure that there is appropriate process and governance.
• Working with the Estates Optimisation team to ensure that projects are being successfully implemented
• Working with industry partners to ensure that deliverables are supported and timescales achievable
• Working with other directorate staff and under direction of Deputy Head of Estates, build relationships with customers, developers, local government and other regional stakeholders
• Ensure that liaison with other DIO business areas, Front Line Commands (FLC’s) and other stakeholders takes place as necessary to ensure collaborative programme delivery
Admin & Other Duties
• Provide expert support to the Deputy Head of Estates and other senior DIO staff as required.
• Produce programme status reports for stakeholder groups and governance boards
• Record and manage project risks, issues, dependencies
To apply, please contact Alastair Dobson, Deputy Head of Estates on 07802 658599. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11:55 pm on Tuesday 20th October 2020.