Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
DIO is passionate about ensuring that we are a top performing organisation and a great place to work. We host a diverse range of talent where everyone feels valued and supported enabling our people to flourish, bring greater creativity and innovation to achieve higher organisational performance. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work and individuality is truly appreciated.
To Support the TSO in the role as DTSO for the training facilities at Swynnerton, Leek Upper Hulme, Kingsbury and Whittington range complexes to ensure and provide a safe place for training to be conducted and brief and advise all users on safety along with Members of the public and local bodies.
Keep up to date on all the needs of the units who utilise the facilities brief and assist units to achieve best results in their training from the use of the facilities and ranges. Units are primary within the day to day running and that of the members of our industry partners who the DTSO will need to work closely with on a daily basis to ensure we deliver the best service.
The DTSO will need to monitor the range standing orders and relevant paperwork submitted by training units to ensure that all levels of safety are adhered to by the units. The DTSO actions should reflect personal integrity, enthusiasm and responsibility to maintaining safety and safe place throughout the training facilities.
The DTSO will need to ensure that members of the public are kept safe at all times and will attend meetings chaired by the TSO to brief and send out safety information to both visiting units and members of the public.
1. Deputised management and oversight of all dry training (including OBUA and use of pyro techniques) accordance with Defence Regulations and Standing Orders.
2. Brief and advise users on safety procedures and conduct of training. Provide training advice, guidance and support to ensure optimum use of the training estate and enable users to achieve optimal training benefit.
3. Assist in the management of OME in accordance with current regulations.
4. As required, be prepared to support the management and use of the other Training Facilities.
5. Help TSO Swynnerton with relevant Safety related staff work.
6. Inspections and Audits
7. Monitoring of the Contractors performance.
8. Other tasks as directed by the Chain of Command.
Desirable Experience & Skills
Qualification - Range Management 1-3
Skill - FIBUA Instructor or proven experience
Skill - Stores Management/Accountancy
To apply, please contact Diane Powis on 07870 377719. Email: email@example.com
Closing date: 11:55 pm on Thursday 22nd October 2020.