Building Surveyor (Projects), Cardiff Community Housing Association (CCHA), Permanent, £34,300 per annum
Your new team
CCHA have 35 members of staff across the Assets Team, Landlord Compliance Team and Repairs Team. We are absolutely committed to providing "excellent" homes and properties, a first-class repairs service and great quality planned maintenance programmes while providing high levels of customer satisfaction.
Your new role
As a Building Surveyor (Projects) you will be accountable for managing our planned works and project related maintenance works ensuring compliance with CDM and Building Regulations and our own high standards for quality. You will be ensuring that an exceptional service is delivered to tenants across all our homes, commercial properties and communal facilities.
You will be accountable for collecting Asset information during condition surveys and whilst undertaking site inspections. You'll work with our Senior Assets Officer to make sure that our Asset Management data is accurate, up to date to drive the planned investment programmes that you will be delivering.
You will be responsible for creating technical specifications and range of choices for our customers, tendering and delivering capital and revenue works such as Kitchen & Bathroom Programmes, EWI and IWI, Window and Door Replacement as well as our decarbonisation programmes.
You will also be working on exciting fire safety planned programmes such as large scale sprinkler installations, non-ACM cladding removal and replacements, fire door replacement programmes, compartmentation works and fire alarm installations and improvements.
You will also be responsible for undertaking post inspections and site safety inspections checks, ensuring work undertaken by contractors and our in-house repairs team is completed safely and meets our own very high standards. We want you to make sure our customers are satisfied with the planned maintenance services they have received.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant professional/building or construction qualification such as a HNC or Degree
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including the management of Asbestos, Legionella, Gas, Electrical safety, Fire safety and Lifting equipment
- Good knowledge of building regulations, and all statutory obligations in relation to existing and new properties, including the WHQS, CDM 2015, Energy Assessments, the HHSRS & DQR
- Experience of managing property large improvement projects, creating a specification, measuring costs, tendering and procuring works. You will be providing detailed Pre-Construction Information to contractors and our in house team and analysing Construction Phase Plans and RAMS, with the assistance of the Senior Assets Officer
- Knowledge of identifying and analysing defects within buildings including providing proposals for repair
- Ability to carry out feasibility studies, providing advice on party wall and right to light disputes, knowledge of dealing with damp and mould issues
- Be a competent user of different IT solutions and housing management systems.
- Experience of working in a customer focused role & delivering exceptional service to customers
- Experience of working within a maintenance or surveying/estimating environment
- Great customer facing skills and commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle for work activities
What you'll get in return
- A permanent position, full time 35 hours a week (Monday - Friday)
- Remote and agile working - our Covid-19 current default position supports working from home
- Salary of £34,300 per annum
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days, upon increasing years of service plus 8 bank holidays
- Ability to buy additional holiday
- Support of CPD and Professional Membership (MCIOB, IOSH, ASCP Membership & RICS Membership Support)
- Auto enrolment on a DC Pension Scheme with 4% employee and 4% employer contributions - operated through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to Opt in to a DB Pension Scheme with 9% employee and 7.7% employer - operated through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Free parking at Tolven Court, close to the centre of Cardiff
- Free electric vehicle charging points
- Business use mileage expenses
- A Modern COVID secure office environment, accredited "Covid-Secure" through the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, including temperature monitoring upon entry and exit to building
- Company sick pay scheme, including supporting any member of staff who is unable to work due to Covid-19 symptoms or related illness from day one of employment
- Bike purchase scheme
- IT equipment - company mobile phone, laptop, iPad/Android tablet and access to all of CCHA's systems remotely
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.