Supporting across the Real Estate Investment Management (REIM) team, this role will provide general financial analysis across a range of deliverables, including market plans, benchmarks, scenario models, financial underwriting and marketing models, trend analysis, transactions, and development summaries, dashboards, and reports. This roles also facilitates the maintenance and reporting of benchmarks and performance metrics.
Our Client is one of the largest and highly regarded Student Accommodation Investors & Developers globally with over 70,000 Beds + under Management. They are looking for a Fund analyst to report in to the Fund Manager on one of their Flagship Funds.
- Take the lead on financial modelling, research and co-ordination of the due diligence.
- Liaise with key members of the business to validate underwriting assumptions.
- Support the transaction individuals including broader and local acquisition teams with the risk analysis and associated transaction sensitivities.
- Produce financial analysis on investor returns and the net revenue to the management business taking on board a transaction.
- Collate and report committed and actual spend against approved acquisition budgets.
- Model business plans and provide detailed and extensive cash flow modelling.
- Develop and maintain fund models for performance and forecast reporting including fluctuations in shareholder subscriptions, redemptions and distributions and movements in investment allocations and performance.
- Perform frequent portfolio updates, collating data from local teams to establish inflows and outflows in portfolios, cash flows across portfolios and compliance with investment guidelines.
- Measure performance and understand net asset value calculations.
- Provide fund and client reporting to internal and external clients, ensuring its accuracy and timely delivery.
- Co-ordinate with performance and marketing teams in production of materials for client presentations and investor queries including Virtual Data Rooms and maintaining a portfolio data base.
- Gather, collate and report on industry and portfolio research.
- Assist portfolio and fund managers with weekly, monthly and quarterly commentaries.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (2:1 and above) in a related business or analytical subject.
- 2-4 years' experience with a demonstrable track record of analytical and modelling work within real estate investment internationally.
- Proven exposure and ability to support the structure of high value deals and execute effectively.
- Excellent financial modelling, analysis and research skills.
- High-level analytical, planning, organising and problem-solving skills.
- Substantial level of skill in liaising with a range of stakeholders, using influencing, interpersonal, consultation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to commercially evaluate financial data, and present conclusions to inform business decisions.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare documentation for stakeholders' groups at varying levels.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience of working with high levels of self-sufficiency, in a matrix global organisation with diverse workforces.
- Good overview of financial markets and macroeconomic trends is required.
- Experience in student accommodation, hospitality or residential sector highly desired.
- Fluency in European languages desirable.
Competitive Base Salary + Good Bonus and Benefits Package