- Senior Building Surveyor
- Excellent salary + up to 4% pension + Life assurance + 24-30 days + package
- Multi-disciplinary Consultancy
- Orpington, Kent
Are you Senior Building Surveyor, keen to find a strong and supportive company that will invest in you and support you through your career? This dynamic consultancy has a new role for a Senior Chartered Building Surveyor to join a team focussing on housing refurbishments and residential projects work up to £5m. Project and professional
Established for over 75 years, with 300 staff across 6 offices in the UK, this well-known consultancy understands that their employers are their business. They have a strong focus on employee well-being and happiness, offering everything from a packed social calendar to health and well-being support from trained specialists.
They offer numerous different platforms for learning & development at all levels and they are keen to celebrate success. Thye offer a competitive salary and a complete benefits package.
Due to increasing work they are recruiting for a Senior Building Surveyor to join their head-office in Orpington, Kent.
Person Specification: Senior Building Surveyor
You will lead on Project coordination, contract administration and perform general surveying duties. You will be primarily working on housing refurbishments and residential projects worth up to £5million.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ practical experience
- You must be MRICS qualified and have a relevant degree
- Experience of JCT contracts (both Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent roles).
- Party Wall and building pathology / defects diagnosis.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication as the role is client facing and you will be required to give presentations, chair meetings and prepare professionally written reports to a high standard.
- Ability to use AutoCAD preferable.
Roles & Responsibilities: Senior Building Surveyor
- Receiving Client instructions and agreeing fee proposals for various projects and professional surveying instructions
- Surveying and reporting on residential, commercial and education properties
- Acting as Lead Consultant for refurbishment and new build projects for public and private clients in different sectors including residential, commercial and education. Includes briefing Clients, design, co-ordinating consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents and contract administration
- This is a Client facing role and will include chairing meetings, deliver presentations and attend resident meetings. There may a requirement to attend out of hour’s meetings from time to time e.g. resident and leaseholder stakeholder meetings
- You will be required to mentor junior staff and provide support where needed
- The role will require you to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence
Salary & Package: Senior Building Surveyor
Our client is offering a competitive salary, dependant on experience and a package which includes;
Hours: 09.00 - 17.00, Monday to Friday
Holidays: From 24 days per annum, rising to 30 days depending on length of service
Pension: Excellent pension, up to 4% employer contribution
Benefits: Life assurance of 2 x salary, active health and well-being support, active staff Social club.
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
APPLY: Senior Building Surveyor
To discuss your options in confidence, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – email@example.com or apply on this page.
Senior Building Surveyor – Jobs from HD Surveyors