This is an exciting and challenging role leading the Programme Management Office which supports the Operations Directorate. The department has a large variety of capital investment and continuous improvement programmes and can be working on over 60 projects at any one time with an annual Capital delivery programme of circa. £20m.
The client is a public sector organisation who are pretty unique; making a better future for people and the environment. The organisation has united passion and desire to live and breathe their core values. They are an inclusive, trusted and progressive organisation in everything that they do.
To manage the Programme Management Office Team to achieve the objectives of the organisation's five year Strategy and Corporate Plan, including:
- To effectively lead and maintain an effective programme management office function within the Authority's P3O framework
- To work as part of the Environment departments senior leadership team to ensure successful delivery of department strategy
- To lead and develop the Programme Management Office team
- Be responsible for the medium term (3-5 year) and long term (5-10 year) strategic planning for Programmes within the PMO's remit
- To manage key strategic stakeholders at a programme level
The Successful Candidate will be/have:
- Educated to Degree level or with equivalent experience
- APMP or equivalent
- Experience of dealing with complex stakeholder issues
- Experience in leading on continuous improvement projects
- Experience in budget management and financial planning
- Leadership, line management & team motivational skills
There are a number of benefits that you'll be able to access being a part of their inclusive team including flexi time, 27.5 days holiday (with an additional 6 days flexi time), civil service pension scheme, gym membership contribution, and professional membership.