Company: Robertson Partnership Homes
Location: Central Scotland
Closing Date: 28th October 2020
The working hours for this role are 38.75 hours per week
A full job description can be provided on request
If you’re an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor ready for a challenging next role, read on. Based in the Central belt of Scotland, you’ll support social and affordable housing projects across the region. You’ll be a team player and strategic thinker, keeping close control of costs and building sustainable relationships to drive customer satisfaction and project success.
You’ll join a business that thrives on achieving results that benefit people and communities and offers fantastic opportunities for career development.
What you’ll do:
- Liaise with the operational management team and advise on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues
- Maintain accurate financial control systems and report monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation
- Liaise with and advise on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time
- Monitor progress on site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales
- Prepare forecasts of cost and value of all trades including Preliminaries, monitor and report on same
- Assist the Operations Team, as required, securing labour, materials and Sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget
What you’ll need:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Strong and demonstrable Quantity Surveying experience within a relevant sector in the Construction industry- ideally with a main contractor
- CSCS card holder
- A member of the RICS or ICES (Desirable)
Who we’re looking for:
People are at the heart of everything we do and achieve at Robertson. To fit right into the team you’ll aim for excellence and have positive determination, working collaboratively towards our shared goals; create clarity around complex or technical issues, confident in your decisions and quick to adjust to unexpected challenges; and help us make progress towards the best, most sustainable future, for ourselves and our communities.
We also look after our people just as much as we look after our clients. On top of a competitive salary and pension, you’ll be able to make the most of a great benefits package, and local team based rewards depending on your role and where you’re based.
Robertson is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
ROBERTSON PARTNERSHIP HOMES
Robertson Partnership Homes delivers high-quality, affordable housing in partnership with local authorities and providers including housing associations. Working together we minimise development costs and risk and find funding solutions to deliver much-needed new homes across Scotland.