New vacancy for a Building Surveyor to join the Essex office to compliment the existing team of Surveyors and Project Managers.
To be successful in your application you will need to possess a range of skills and experience across different sectors for both project and professional to complement the existing Surveyors and Project Managers within the department.
This position would suit a Chartered Building Surveyor with at least 4 years of experience in a similar role ideally in the private and public sector in residential and commercial property, or a non-Chartered Building Surveyor with more extensive experience and the ability to work autonomously whilst also supporting/directing others.
The successful candidate will be a key member of staff and must have a confident, hands on approach in order to be a reliable contributor in the Building Surveying Team. They must also be conscientious in their work, have attention to detail and provide work with high standards of presentation. It is also important for the successful candidate to have a friendly personality and be attentive to Clients expectations and needs.
To be successful in your application please ensure you have experience in the following areas before applying:
- Contract Administrator duties (JCT)
- Employer's Agent duties
- Feasibility estimates
- Condition survey reports for asset expenditure planning
- Preparing tender documents for refurbishment and alteration works, including specifications and schedules
- Advising surveying team on buildability and design implications i.e. Building Regulation requirements, etc.
- Site surveys and reporting (Schedules of Condition, Defect Diagnosis, etc.)
- Building Survey reports
- Dilapidations & licence to alteration advice
- Party Wall Surveying
- Driving licence and car essential with business use insurance
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary in the region of £40k to £55k depending on experience and qualification with a generous benefits package. Including a holiday allowance of 25 days, expenses paid, RICS Subscription paid and workplace pension.