We are working with a leading Asset Management organisation on a newly created role for a Director of H&S Compliance
This new role is of fundamental importance to the business and is instrumental in ensuring that a substantial residential property investment portfolio is managed in accordance with all health and safety laws and best industry practice
A leading Asset Management organisation specialising across Freehold and Leasehold Property Management in the UK
The key responsibilities of the Director of H&S Compliance role include:
- Overseeing portfolio wide system of risk assessment, advising on the advancement and delivery of building and fire safety objectives, and applying strategic building safety and fire safety management combining statutory requirements and residential leasehold law
- Dealing with applications to government's cladding funds to re-mediate buildings with combustible cladding, including liaison with relevant government bodies, property managers and other stakeholders
- Oversight of major works construction projects, including remediation of cladding, reviewing fire risk assessments and H&S audits, and monitoring and dealing with notices from statutory authorities with assistance from legal department
- Providing expert advice for due diligence process during property acquisition processes ensuring all H&S matters are thoroughly reviewed, and to in-house legal, insurance, finance, consents and asset investigations teams.
- Direct management of team of between 6-8 people, and monitoring performance in complying with building and fire safety recommendations.
- Ensuring Property Management team have up to date property risk records dealing with asbestos, legionella, emergency systems, mechanical & electrical services and maintenance.
- Providing regular updates on health, safety and fire legislation associated guidance, government advice notes, property industry guidance, best practice and proposed developments to enable business to be industry leader in industry leading safety culture.
The successful candidate for the Director of H&S Compliance role will ideally have experience accross:
- Building construction and maintenance of low/high rise residential blocks; building/defects surveys affecting the integrity and safety of a building and its occupants.
- Fire Risk Assessments, Health & Safety Risk Assessments, mechanical and electrical safety reports and other statutory periodic assessments relating to building structure, services equipment and occupational requirements.
- Fire safety legislation including The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, Building Regulations Approved Document B, Government Advice Notes, the Health & Safety Executive, CDM regulations, building regulations, statutory notices and regulatory framework.
- Residential block management.
- Landlord & Tenant legislation, RICS Residential Service Charge Code, ARMA-Q standards, insurance, ground rents, service charges, major works projects, s.20 consultations &FTT processes.
- Property acquisitions due diligence
And will also ideally:
- Hold a relevant academic qualification, and hold relevant industry qualifications
- Have a high degree of integrity and reliability
- Have the ability and willingness to work to tight deadlines and within a team environment
- Be an effective communicator and numerate
- Be well organised, have strong attention to detail, and excellent written/communication/CRM skills
- Have confidence in conducting and presenting meetings
- Have the ability to multi-task and tenacious
- Live an easily commutable distance from London on a daily basis
The role offers the opportunity to work with a market leading organisation in a newly created role
There is competitive annual salary on offer, and a benefits package which includes Private Pension, Private Health care and a number of other company benefits