I am currently recruiting for a Project Manager on a 18 month fixed term contract. The salary ranges from £38-41k. The funding for these very high profile projects are highly visible and therefore excellent project management skills are needed.
My client is a local government organisation in the West Midlands.
The project manager will need to:
- Prepare and produce assessments, project plans, procurement strategies and risk registers for your projects.
- Ensure that milestones are met and that the designated projects are appropriately managed from inception to completion.
- With everything going on in 2020, it is important that the project management be agile and versatile in their approach. They need to be able to adjust quickly to change to the needs of the projects.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills are important with the variety of internal and external stakeholders you will be in contact with.
- The projects you will engage with will be highly visible to the public and therefore it is important that the projects are managed properly.
The Project Manager would need to have significant project management experience. Ideally this be within a live environment.
Local government experience would be ideal but is not essential.
The PM would also need a relevant professional project management qualification.
The Project Manager will be an offered an 18 month contract, paying between £38-41k per annum. With the current pandemic, flexible working arrangements are offered. Employee safety is the councils number one priority.