Park Avenue are currently working with a Local Authority in East Sussex looking for an experienced Asset and Facilities Manager.
The main purpose of the role is to manage the Asset and Facilities Management function of the Council's Commercial & Assets Service (to include Car Parking) and be the primary advisor in respect of all asset and facilities management matters.
- To manage the day to day operations of the council's land and property holdings including car parks. This will include: working collaboratively with colleagues in other departments, senior officers and Councillors.
- When necessary prepare reports for and attend Member meetings including Cabinet and Scrutiny, representing the Asset & Facilities team and if required deputising for the Head of Commercial & Assets and other senior colleagues.
- Lead the Asset & Facilities Management function, undertaking budget management including responsibility for the Council's rental income, the provision of strategic professional advice and being responsible for the performance of the team, ensuring a culture of continuous improvement is developed.
- To lead on property projects that have significant importance to the Council's financial planning including budget management, the provision of professional guidance and monitoring the performance of consultants to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Record property data, including tenancy information, building condition, planned maintenance, inspection certificates/reports, asbestos information, project programmes and other relevant information to ensure all statutory requirements are met and statutory inspections are carried out
- Prepare, execute and supervise, programmes of maintenance, repair and replacement of building fabric, services and installations together with major works and reactive maintenance to the Council's properties, including the supervision of contractors.
What you need
- Able to demonstrate experience of collaboratively working with colleagues and external consultants.
- Experience of proactively undertaking the asset and facilities management of a property portfolio.
- Demonstrable experience of effective team working and supporting less experienced members of the team.
- Able to demonstrate a broad range of knowledge of property law and asset management.
- Experience of working on key property projects in relation to optimising the use of the property assets.
- Budget management, income and capital generation.
- Experience of managing others, demonstrating an ability to adapt management styles dependent on the needs of the service and individual requirements
- Able to demonstrate a broad knowledge base and experience in a variety of property work including, asset management, development and acquisition
- Member of RICS or other equivalent qualification
The position will be a 3 month rolling contract.
Due to Covid19, the role will initially be home based with a view to be in the office once social distancing has been lifted in line with government guidelines.
The contract will run off a 37 hour week
What to do now
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben at Park Avenue Recruitment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in.