Hays Property & Surveying are seeking a Project / Structural Building Surveyor to join a specialist Building Consultancy across the South East.
The Building Consultancy business is a subsidiary - part of a wider organisation that operates within the insurance claim and loss adjustment sector. Their high performing regional Building Surveying teams are responsible for delivering a variety reinstatement construction projects on behalf domestic, commercial and agricultural clientele.
Due to significant growth and workload demands, the business's South East Surveying Team are looking to appoint an additional Building Surveyor, who holds experience in undertaking structural surveying and project delivery related work. Although support is provided through their Hampshire based regional office, the role is being offered on a working for home basis. However, as the role will require regular visits to site projects, it is expected that you will be geographical positioned to travel across the Sussex, Surrey and Kent area.
Your new role
As a Project / Structural Building Surveyor, you will be responsible for inspecting, specifying and project managing a variety of reinstatement building projects on behalf domestic, commercial and agricultural clients. With projects valued between £25k - £1M, you will be managing the process via a JCT contract from inception to completion, undertaking all contract administration, specification writing and procurement. Additionally, you would be expected to undertake other technical surveying work such as, structural assessment surveys, defect diagnosis and condition reports.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Project Management of building construction projects from inception to completion
- Prepare work specifications, undertake contract administration and contract procurement
- Undertake a range of technical work such as structural assessment surveys, building defect diagnosis, condition reports and feasibility assessments
- Manage contractors, liaise with internal and external teams and provide reports on progress
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need;
What you need to do now
- MRICS / MCIOB / MCABE qualified
- A minimum of 5 years+ PQE
- Previous experience of working within a Building Consultancy or client side Building Surveying Team
- Proven experience of delivering a variety of building construction projects
- Hold specific experience in undertaking structural assessment surveys or other structural engineering related work
- Abilities in undertaking a range of professional building surveying work, including contract administration
- Be driven, self-motivated and hold excellent communication and time management skills.
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.