Senior Building Surveyor
Project Management and Consultancy
City of London
Amida are urgently seeking a Senior Building Surveyor to join a global leader in commercial real estate services within their Project Management and Consultancy department.
This consultancy has an excellent client base, which means exciting properties and working for market leading clients. Their workload is diverse therefore they do not pigeon hole individuals to work within particular service lines and will work on all aspects of building surveying, though they do encourage individuals to specialise in areas that are of interest to them if they wish, for instance, dilapidations, technical due diligence, development monitoring, etc.
As a Senior Building Surveyor, you will be fully engaged in all aspects of commercial Building Surveying, from inception and negotiating scope of services with Clients, to carrying out the required professional services and delivering the project.
The role will be predominantly focussed within the UK. There may also be an opportunity to carry out work in European countries other than UK as and when projects become available.
Commercial Building Surveying services to include;
- Due Diligence
- Construction Monitoring
- Contract Administration
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Dilapidations and Exit Strategy
- Fire Insurance Cost Assessments
- Party Walls (previous experience not essential)
- Other Services; Sustainability, expert witness, feasibility studies, service charge advice, approval of tenants' plans, and building pathology investigations.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in networking and building relationships internally and externally
- Experience in conducting research for pitches and presentations
- Experience in managing/ administering small to medium size (£0.5M to £10M) construction, refurbishment and fit out projects
- Experience in building surveys, dilapidations, and ideally, project monitoring
Skills & Personal Qualities:
The Senior Building Surveyor will be expected to have strong inter-personal skills, play an active part in business development, and have a strong grasp of commercial Building Surveying, ideally with at least 5 years' experience.
The Senior Building Surveyor will possess the ability to draft succinct high-quality reports with strong presentational skills and IT capabilities
The successful individual will be a self-motivated and be able to demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills, as well as take responsibility for their own workload and actions. The person will need to be methodical, diligent and well organised with an ability to take on heavy workloads at busy times. They will possess an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines, as well as having good commercial awareness. They will need to be tenacious, results orientated and have the ability to build and develop relationships quickly and successfully.
This is a live and urgent role, Please send you application to Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org now!