My client, a market leading consultancy is looking to add 2 surveyors to their valuation team. 1 is focused on commercial/residential Red Book Valuation and the other is focused on Excel and financial modelling.
The art & science of valuations have perhaps always led to different solutions, my client is finding these different approaches are becoming ever more entwined as they seek, and then strive to deliver, answers that simply can’t be found in a textbook.
With expanding data sources available and rapidly improving technology enabling greater interpretation and analysis of information, as well as increasingly complex valuation models, my client is looking for individuals who want to join them on their journey of pushing valuation boundaries and matching their client’s needs with their ability to perform ahead of what they would describe as a ‘traditional valuation surveyor’. You will need good Excel and financial modelling skills to perform at the desired level.
The roles present an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s top valuation practices and advise a variety of UK and international clients on an extensive range of asset types, from major mixed-use regeneration projects to trophy office buildings, from sports stadia to hospitals. The service lines offered are also diverse, and include valuation, lease advisory and strategic real estate (including preparing business cases).
Their clients include leading property companies, banks, debt funds, developers, Local Authorities, government departments, the NHS, infrastructure providers and football clubs.
- Assist on all instructions, from start to finish
- Inspect and measure properties of varying use types
- Review and summarise lease and title documents and assess their impact on value
- Undertake and draw conclusions from statutory enquiries
- Collate, verify and analyse market evidence/trends and all relevant factors that influence value
- Apply knowledge of the RICS Red Book and other relevant guidance
- Use Excel as well as Argus Enterprise and Developer to prepare valuations
- Undertake drafting of valuation reports and advisory notes
- Undertake direct communication with clients and auditors
- Mentor, manage and train graduates and more junior team members
- MRICS and RICS Registered Valuer status preferred, but not essential
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Team player
- High service delivery skills with strong attention to detail
- Committed and organized
- Experienced user of Excel and Argus
- Understanding and experience of cash flow models
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full driving license
Please give me a call to discuss (Sam) 07917 042 950.
I am a specialist General Practice recruiter with over 5 years’ experience in the industry. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to discuss your options I’d love to hear from you.