Real Estate Consultancy
Senior Surveyor - Asset Management Team
Property & Asset Management. London, UK
Up to £50,000 plus bonus and benefits.
Our client provides property consultancy services to investors, occupiers and developers. They operate a national network of offices and an International Alliance, with partner firms covering many European countries and all major US markets. Their specialist sectors include industrial and logistics, alternative markets, the London office market, public sector and corporate real estate services.
This role is in the Property and Asset Management team in the capacity of Asset Management. The team are part of the wider Retail, Industrial and Offices business group.
Day to Day
Your responsibility extends to identifying opportunities to improve and protect value for an allocated portfolio of commercial properties across a range of clients, with differing needs and requirements. The portfolio will be geographically and sector diverse and will include all asset classes.
- Identification and execution of asset management opportunities to drive value via lease re-structuring, refurbishment or redevelopment
- Managing lease events and appointed advisors to protect or improve value and/or income:
- Expiries – renewals, re-gears, dilapidations, re-letting, 54 Act renewals
- Rent review – re-gears, RPI linked increase, turnover rents
- Break options – service of notice, receipting notice, re-gearing lease
- Assisting with Preparation of business plans and implementation
- Identifying and managing property and portfolio risk
- Appointment and management of both internal and third-party professional teams / advisors
- Direct client reporting and liaison
- Coordination of budgets, forecasts and analysis to support advice and decision making
- Maintaining an oversight to ensure property management service accords with the wider property and fund strategy
- Reviewing, issuing and approval of service charge budgets and reconciliations
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with tenants
- Close liaison with Property Managers and Facilities Managers in order to implement strategy for assets
- Management of rent and service charge raising as well as tenant arrears in co-ordination with accounts team.
- To support junior colleagues in their management of properties
- To support junior colleagues with their ambitions to become qualified and experienced
- To work with the Partners to:
- Encourage initiatives that will benefit the firm, colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Review policies and introduce new or different policies to ensure the firm is up to date with the latest standards
- Propose paths to implement the above
- Proactive in building relationships and is responsive to all stakeholders
- Experience in Property Management, Asset Management preferred but will consider relevant experience in equivalent role
- Experience of liaising with multi-level stakeholders including clients, professional team, lenders and investors
- Thorough understanding of commercial leases, in particular landlord and tenant legislation
- Understanding of commercial property management, i.e. service charges
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good numerical skills, including computer literacy (Excel, Word, MS Outlook)
- Strong negotiating skills
- High level of organisational and administrative skills
- Able to fit in with a diverse work team.
For more details, please upload your CV and contact us on 0203 745 7074.
Please note, not all of our opportunities are advertised. Please enquire on the number above, or email us at email@example.com and one of us will get back to you.
Varnom Ross – Doing things differently, for the benefit of all. ⬛⚫