Estates & Mineral Planner (12 Month FTC)
British Gypsum - Building possibility in the next generation of buildings.
British Gypsum, part of the Saint-Gobain group, is the UK’s leading manufacturer of interior lining systems. Our mission is to develop innovative products and services that help customers build better spaces to live, work and play. In every kind of building – from home to work, from the local supermarket to the local hospital – we help to create partitions, provide comfort, protect against fire and insulate against sound. Our company is committed to building a safe and sustainable environment for our communities.
We want to attract and welcome a diverse range of people to join our teams and are keen to improve the diversity across all of our operations.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Estates & Mineral Planner to join our British Gypsum Central Geological and Mining Services at East Leake (Loughborough) on a 12 Month FTC (maternity cover). You will provide planning and estates services for the operational and disused mines/quarries, as well as acquiring fresh mineral resources and obtain the ownership rights and planning permissions for the extraction and subsequent restoration. Other responsibilities will include assisting with the management of legacy issues arising from old gypsum sites, and with the management the land & mineral estate including land and mineral acquisition and disposal
- Actively participates in creating a culture where everyone takes a responsibility for health, safety and wellbeing and act as a role model to ensure we have a zero harm workplace.
- Undertakes site risk assessments and utility searches to assess risk posed by statutory undertakers services when managing contractors on restoration / subsidence work.
- Prepares & coordinates planning applications and Environmental Impact Assessment s for new/ additional mineral resources: quarry/mines and deals with day to day contact (monitoring visits) from the planning authority.
- Assists with the acquisition of new mineral reserves (surface & mineral ownership). Manages existing leases (rent reviews/payments)
- Assists with identifying the long term mineral supply strategy.
- Assist with the management of subsidence events – farmers, agents, contractors and members of the public.
- Main point of contact for members of the public relating to environmental impact issues for new proposed sites. Assist with troubleshooting complaints from operational sites. Proactively promote biodiversity & environmental agenda.
- Negotiate access for drilling investigations and compensation for any damage caused.
- Prepare estimates and manage budgets relating to planning applications and land acquisitions.
- There are no direct reports but the post will require directing and managing specialist consultants, good relationships with stakeholders such as landowners, planning authorities.
What we’re looking for in an Estates & Minerals Planner:
- Organised and self-motivated individual
- Experience of dealing with planning and/or estates matters (quarrying / mining experience an advantage but not essential)
- Experience of public consultation and public relations activity is essential
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Member or Chartered member of Royal Town Planning Institute or Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
As a British Gypsum employee, you’re entitled to some great benefits…
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A defined contribution pension scheme
- Access to 100’s of high street and leisure discounts, as well as a state of the art rewards system
- As a British Gypsum employee, you’re automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
If you feel you have the skills required, we can’t wait to hear from you!