MRICS Quantity Surveyor Job in Cambridge
Your new company
A leading, globally recognised programme management consultancy. Operating nationwide, this organisation offer a versatile range of services from building surveying,cost management and project management to project control and strategic asset management services. With offices located in various locations across the UK they have nationwide coverage and are looking to expand in the Cambridge Office. operating on a number of various frameworks this organisation are on a number of national frameworks in the public sector including projects in Education, healthcare, MOJ and social housing.
Your new role
* Tried and tested with specific experience and a primary focus in the preparation of feasibility studies, detailed cost planning (i.e. RIBA Stages 2/3 estimating) and preparation of bills of quantities; familiar with RIBA Plan of Work
* Appreciation of general market conditions and detailed costs/rates
* Ability to work to tight deadlines in a flexible and collaborative manner
* Knowledge and experience of using measurement software, e.g. CostX, CATO.
* Knowledge and experience of BIM level 5
* Competent user of Excel based systems
* Familiar with multiple procurement routes
* Experience in managing traditional and design & build projects (pre and post contract experience)
* Single and two-stage procurement experience
* Client facing experience
* Ability to manage design consultants
* Commercial gravitas
What you'll need to succeed
As the quantity surveyor you will need to be MRICS with ideally 3 years Post qualification experience although promising candidates with less would be considered. You will need a full clean Drivers Licence. the Ideal candidate will have experience across residential,commercial and education sectors.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the leading cost consultancy and multi disciplinary construction management companies in the UK. As the QS you will be paid a competitive salary on offer based on experience as well as the following benefits:
Cycle to work Scheme
Employee well being helpline
On site mental first aid representative
Free parking on site
Worldwide travel insurance
Buy or sell holiday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.