Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Managing Building Surveyor to join an independent Construction Consultancy in Hampshire.
The company provide a range multi-disciplinary consultancy services including Surveying, Architecture and Engineering to a diverse portfolio of clients.
The Building Surveying Team are responsible for delivering a full cycle of projects and surveying services across a number of sectors including MOD, Defence, Government Agencies, Education, Local Authorities, Social Housing and other Private Clients. Due to reaching an exciting period of growth, the business is now looking to appoint a highly experienced Chartered Building Surveyor to manage the team and deliver projects on a daily basis.
Your new role
As the Managing Building Surveyor, you will be responsible for, not only managing a team of Surveyors, but also overseeing the delivery of a range of building projects. This will include taking the projects from Design, Specification stages, through to Project Management and completion.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Project delivery of a range of construction building projects
- Manage a team of Surveyors on a day-to-day basis
- Undertake condition surveys and initial feasibility studies
- Produce project designs, specifications and manage a contract tendering process
- Undertake contract administration, write progress reports and manage budgets
- Drive overall performance of the team and professional development of the Building Surveying department
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need;
- MRICS qualified
- Demonstrable experience in delivering a range of construction building projects
- Experience of undertaking technical Building Surveying work, such as Schedules of Condition
- Preferably hold previous experience of managing a team
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.